Bundled bugs

Feel free to post bug reports here. I need exact, detailed steps showing me how I can re-create the bug on my machine, so give as much info and detail as possible.
Mike981

Bundled bugs

Post by Mike981 »

I'll first start by saying that I am more than willing to admit the issues could be operator error.

I bought and downloaded Kjams Lite last week and it has been an experience, some good and some bad. I am using a Mac Book Pro that honestly has suffered in performance since I downloaded a week ago. I also purchased the Gear Head player so I could load up my CDG disks. I have emptied my cache and restarted my computer several times.

Again, I'm not sure if it is me but the Gear Head player has been a pain to use. It is hard to get the tray to open and the only way you can is by unplugging the cords from the computer, then plugging them back in and as soon as the light comes push the open tray button. If you wait, you have to start over with the plugs.

I was able to load up one of my disks, but now it will not load the next disk in the series. They are both from Top Tunes Karaoke, so I am confused if it is a disk issue. I was able to load the disk once (the second disk), but it said that it was reading two disks and I had to pick the one I wanted to load. Neither of the options to pick from was the actual disk. BUT I did pick one of the options to see what it would do and it brought up songs that were not on the disk.

At the moment when I try to load the Kjams program it brings up most of the program and then hangs. I have to force quit the program but each time I bring it up it does the same thing.

There are some other issues that I need to be able to get the program to fully load to be able to explain them.

Thank you for any help you can offer.

dave
Site Admin

Re: Bundled bugs

Post by dave »

this is a disc issue, not your player, and not kJams. karaoke disk creators sometimes make "dual volume" discs, and this utterly confuses the MacOS, which is then unable to eject the discs. the only way out is what you discovered, or to actually restart your mac, this has nothing to do with kJams. more info:

https://karaoke.kjams.com/forum/viewtop ... disc#p3543

https://karaoke.kjams.com/forum/viewtop ... disc#p1977

do you have a disc in the computer when you start kJams? try starting kJams when the drive is empty. same problem? send me the log file. here's how:
http://www.kjams.com/wiki/Logs

Mike981

Post by Mike981 »

Thank you Dave, I will give it a go and let you know. :)

Another problem I am having is when I load KJams it says that Karaoke Locker needs to update and then I get a "parsing?" error.

dave
Site Admin

Post by dave »

try reloading the music store. i just tried it and it worked fine?

Mike981

Post by Mike981 »

Thanks, that worked for the store. :)

I am still having issues with loading from my disks. I can only load one and then I have to totally restart the computer and it is a hard restart where I have to hold down the off button. Another strange thing is when I have run KJams I can't use Finder, when I hover my cursor over it I get the color wheel and I can't get it to stop until I resart. I also can't eject the disk from the program and I still have to unplug the player to get them to do so.

Brendan

Post by Brendan »

I remember having an issue with one or two of my discs not being able to eject them. Next time try to use Disk Utility in the Utilities folder, i think it lets you eject it from there without having to hard boot.

dave
Site Admin

Post by dave »

did you somehow miss what i wrote about the disc problem? this is NOT a kJams problem, NOT your disc player problem. this is a MacOS problem that has been in there since 10.0 and they have not fixed it. scroll up for my previous reply.