Missing songs..

Feel free to post bug reports here. I need exact, detailed steps showing me how I can re-create the bug on my machine, so give as much info and detail as possible.
TezinOz

Missing songs..

Post by TezinOz »

Hi Dave,

I downloaded a song from Tricerasoft today and the activity window froze on "....pushing meta queue 2/3" (about two thirds done)

I waited ages, but eventually had to quit out of KJams. When I launched again all the songs that were in the top level of my Music folder had lost all their info.

That is, they still appear in my Library, but give the "missing" dialog box when I try to play. There are about 60 songs at this level of my file structure. Thankfully the other 4,500 in other locations are not affected.

I read through the Missing Wiki info and, sure enough the entries File: Zip are all blank. I chose one song and manually re-linked it and it now works fine.

My question is :- is there anyway to do the whole batch, or am I stuck doing them individually? Also,in future, if the activity window shows something that's "hung" what is the best approach to not screw things up further?

Ohh...and I know you're going to ask....so, no I didn't move/re-name or in any way touch any of the files/folders in my Music directory :roll:

...having said all that I am loving this software, and as always appreciate the awesome support you give us

Tez in Oz

dave
Site Admin

Re: Missing songs..

Post by dave »

one question: were you editing any meta data on songs just before the purchase?
all the songs that were in the top level of my Music folder had lost all their info
when you say "top level of my Music folder", you're NOT talking about the "kJams Music" folder, are you? cuz, there aren't any files at the top level of that folder, right?
File: Zip are all blank
what about "file: audio" or "file: video"?
is there anyway to do the whole batch
only if there is SOME path that is still intact, even if it is wrong. the answer to the above question will inform this answer. if there truly is no path in any of the 3 locations, then the only way to batch fix this is to remove all the bad ones and re-add them, but then you'll lose all references (eg: if they're sung or favorite'd by any singer, or if they're in another playlist)
if the activity window shows something that's "hung" what is the best approach to not screw things up further?
if you can press the stop sign, then do it. then quit and run again.

TezinOz

Post by TezinOz »

Hi Dave,

Do you have a large fork....'cause I need to eat humble pie :oops:
As I'm 60 next birthday...will blame "having a senior moment" for this :shock:

I just realised that about a week ago (in an effort to free up some drive space) I trashed a folder called "Handbrake DVD" in my music folder. I thought the Handbrake app had created this folder in the wrong place

Now I remember that these were karaoke files I ripped from DVD about 2 years ago.

I was able to restore the folder from a back-up, so I wondered what is the best way to fix the problem without losing my venues/singers/histories etc.?

The folder is now restored, but the path in File:Video is Users/Admin/.trash/HandbrakeDVD instead of Users/Admin/Music/HandbrakeDVD

What's my best approach to fix this ?

....as always..appreciate your support

dave
Site Admin

Post by dave »

that's going to be tricky. you'll need to use the symbolic link trick, but you'll need to trash the symlink, then re-save the database.

here's the trick
https://karaoke.kjams.com/wiki/Moving#T ... Link_Trick

if you're utterly confused, i can help you on sunday after 7pm.