Unzipping Music Store:: 256

Feel free to post bug reports here. I need exact, detailed steps showing me how I can re-create the bug on my machine, so give as much info and detail as possible.
mapaolini

Unzipping Music Store:: 256

Post by mapaolini »

Hi

I'm trying kjam lite - and tonight I upgraded from an older version I tried 18 months ago, to version 1.0d50r56 on a late 2009 iMac running OS X 10.8.2

In the processes I enabled the Karaoke Locker (previously I didn't have it, only TriceraSoft), and then restarted the software and caused both stores to reload. Karaoke Locker loaded fine, but TriceraSoft gave me message about New Music Store Available - and TriceraSoft has a critical update lowering zoom tracks to 1.99, and would I like to update. Selecting yes results in a download and the following error "Unzipping Music Store:: 256" - there after the TriceraSoft store is empty.

Stoping the app and restarting it results in the same error behavior.

Deleting the TriceraSoft.xml are reloading the store results in the same error behavior.

Searching the forums I saw a suggesting to try rebooting the Mac, so I tried that with no improvement.

Karaoke Locker updates fine.

Lastly if it is useful, I am not logged in as Admin, but rather on a user id. I have made sure I have read & write permission to Library/Application Support for the id.

I'm attaching (I hope) the console log- looking through it, here's the bit I think is relevant.

<snipped>

dave
Site Admin

Re: Unzipping Music Store:: 256

Post by dave »

tonight I upgraded ... to version 1.0d50r56
i don't know how it's even possible that you "updated" *TO* that version, as it is very old, and not supported.

Please update to the actual current release (which is a01r10 as of this posting), and let me know if you still have trouble.

Also: don't post console logs to the forums, the forums are for broad, general problems that may affect all users. For specific, individualized tech support please email me directly.

mapaolini

Re: Unzipping Music Store:: 256

Post by mapaolini »

Sorry about that Dave, it was a newby mistake!

I thought I had pulled the latest from the wiki download link, but it must have been cached somewhere or something. Anyway I've found the 1.0a01r10 installed it. The good news is it now loads the music stores properly.

The bad news is it also crashed (the program offered to let me sent the logs, and so I have with some detail). However that crash only occurred once so far, and I haven't been able to replicate it.

Anyway, looking forward to giving kjams a workout on Friday with some friends. Thanks for the quick reply!

Cheers,
~mike

dave
Site Admin

Re: error Unzipping Music Store?

Post by dave »

my pleasure, and thanks for the reports!