Tricerasoft Streaming Songs Don't Play

Feel free to post bug reports here. I need exact, detailed steps showing me how I can re-create the bug on my machine, so give as much info and detail as possible.
guitartattooman

Tricerasoft Streaming Songs Don't Play

Post by guitartattooman »

I have a Tricerasoft Streaming subscription. I never know which songs are actually going to play. Some do and some don't at random. It is very frustrating trying to run a show with this problem. Can anyone elaborate on what is going on? I used to use Tricerasoft in addition to Chartbusters. Since I mostly picked songs provided by Chartbusters, I don't really know if this problem always existed or if it's recent. I have Store settings to streaming songs only and a very good internet connection. Many songs will show up in my Library. The problem is, there is no way to know which songs will actually stream. Almost getting to be useless. Is there any reliable way to stream Karaoke now that Chartbuster is gone?

dave
Site Admin

Re: Tricerasoft Streaming Songs Don't Play

Post by dave »

I am not experiencing this trouble you report. I am having 100% success playing Tricera streaming songs. I have had no reports from any one (except you) that there is any issue.

Is your music store up to date? Do you have them set to update automatically? Do you accept when they ask to update?

Do this:
right click on the music store and pick "reload music store"
show the activity window
wait for all the activity to complete
quit kjams
run again
now do some tests: what is there a song that does not play? what song is it exactly?

guitartattooman

In just picking random songs the following is the first TriceraSoft song that shows up in my Library but simply won't play. The problem is never knowing what will, or will nor play. I can find and post many others if needed! Thanks for looking into this problem. Also, many songs do actually play, but the ones that don't never do. Can't really run an efficient show with this problem. I mostly rely on subscription streaming for my Library. Only 800 songs on my hard drive.

PLI 18356
Jack Sparrow (Clean)
Lonely Island Feat. Mic......
Album G25012

guitartattooman

The following is another example. I can see the song loading into cache but the play window goes blank and the song never starts.

PLI 18243
It's Only Rock and Roll
Rolling Stones, The
Album A14146

guitartattooman

Here is a better list. My TriceraSoft Library starts with:
PLI #1 '39 (Thirty Nine) Artist Queen Album A25650
PLI #2 '39 (Thirty Nine) Artist Queen Album G25623
PLI #3 '57 Chevrolet Artist Billy Jo Spears G00120

The first 2 songs will not play. It is only when I get to PLI #3 '57 Chevrolet that the first song actually plays. This is frustrating because there is no way to be sure of what is going to actually play. If I tell a singer "I have a particular song" and they are ready to begin, there is no way of knowing if in fact it's going to work.

Any help is appreciated.
Last edited by guitartattooman on Mon Aug 27, 2012 5:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

guitartattooman

Another note. after the songs load into cache, the activity box shows nothing for the songs that won't play. And there are many. Too many. I could manage a very random and rare incident of songs not playing. I just have know way or work around for avoiding the non-playing songs that appear to be accessible!

dave
Site Admin

Post by dave »

did you or did you not follow my instructions?
right click on the music store and pick "reload music store"
show the activity window
wait for all the activity to complete
quit kjams
run again
now do some tests: is there a song that does not play? what song is it exactly?
I just now again tested this and it is working fine for me. So i'll need more info from you to help diagnose the specific problem you seem to be having. I'm also well aware that if something doesn't work this makes it hard to run a show. If I knew what the problem was i'd have fixed it already. Telling me of your disappointment in no way helps me to fix the bug. Trust me that i'm quite interested in fixing this problem so it doesn't occur for you.

guitartattooman

My guess is that it is a TriceraSoft problem but strange if these two particular songs are streaming for you, and not me. These happen to be the first 2 songs in my TriceraSoft Library. There are many others that either consistently play or not play. Doesn't vary. I just have no way to know which ones will work. It almost HAS to be a TriceraSoft problem because of the symptoms. The first thing I did was "Reload The Music Store" as instructed. I love this program! Just trying to help.

PLI #1 '39 (Thirty Nine) Artist Queen Album A25650
PLI #2 '39 (Thirty Nine) Artist Queen Album G25623
Last edited by guitartattooman on Mon Aug 27, 2012 5:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.

dave
Site Admin

Post by dave »

hmmm. sorry. very strange... hang on...

guitartattooman

The only additional information I could offer is adding to the list of songs that aren't playing. If the 3 songs I posted above stream for you, then it must be unique to my subscription. Most songs stream fine. I've tried most every obvious fix like rebooting, clearing cache, opening and closing program, etc. I'm getting the same result. At the point where the song should start playing, the activity screen goes blank. Don't know what else to do.

dave
Site Admin

Post by dave »

sorry my bad. i was sortof trying to do several things at once and missed what you had already said. okay, so are you available tomorrow night after 7pm pacific time? we can get on the fone and do some screen sharing then i can look right at your machine and figure out what's wrong!

we will get to the bottom of this!!

guitartattooman

I have a show tomorrow night starting at 7:00 p.m EST. I am free most times during the day or Wednesday and Friday nights. I hate to be paranoid about conspiracy theories but could Digitraxkaraoke be making it impossible for KJ's to not pay for their new, more expensive service, that is coming soon? TriceraSoft could suddenly become history similar to what happened to ChartBusters. Mainly because TriceraSoft should be able to destroy them with their low prices. It is possible TriceraSoft is doing this on purpose and will soon be taken over. I've seen stranger things happen. Just saying....lol
Last edited by guitartattooman on Mon Aug 27, 2012 5:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

guitartattooman

Guitartattooman
804-400-9365
Feel free to call me anytime. Please leave a message if I can't get to the phone.

thx
Jim

dave
Site Admin

Post by dave »

perhaps you missed the part about how you're the only one reporting this problem? that it's working perfectly fine for everyone else? therefore, no, i rather doubt the conspiracy angle.

Also, i'm not available for phone time except during office hours. But we may be able to do an ichat tomorrow during the day sometime.

Please set up ichat as we will be using that in any case.

guitartattooman

Will set up IChat! Thanks for looking into this.