Problem: "Push Meta Que" keeps throwing errors at startup

Feel free to post bug reports here. I need exact, detailed steps showing me how I can re-create the bug on my machine, so give as much info and detail as possible.
jowie

Re: Problem: "Push Meta Que" keeps throwing errors at startu

Post by jowie »

Okay so now this is strange...

In my attempt to create fresh logs to send to you, I waited through all the "There is some other process that is busy..." error messages and then pressed play to watch the video freeze... And it didn't! Which is great news, as long as it doesn't come back ;)

Anyway, I still have the log with all the error messages, so I will email that to you :)

Thanks!

jowie

Post by jowie »

Hi Dave,

Further info on the bug!
  • The video still crashes, but only if I try to play a song before the "Push Meta Que" activity hasn't finished running
  • All 38 songs that are affected appear to have one thing in common: Their "Genre" field is set to "100 HITS 70,S KARAOKE" - which includes a comma... Possibly causing database issues? I've tried changing their genre fields, but when I go back in they've changed back again (no error message is given).
Hope this helps some...

dave
Site Admin

Post by dave »

i would love to see this. are you available sunday night after 7pm pacific time?

meanwhile, zip your "kJams Library" folder for posterity

jowie

Post by jowie »

Been meaning to reply to this with an update!

Recently I realised all my karaoke files were in a mess... Some were in "kJams Music", some in "kJams Consolidated" and even some in a folder outside of the main kJams folder called "kTunes"! Was that the old name for it? Or was it something I'd done and forgotten about? :shock:

Anyway... I looked at your Wiki and decided to do a consolidate on all files. Once done and rebooted, the problem went away! So whatever it was that had corrupted, rebuilding the database and rearranging the files seemed to do the trick.

Thanks for your help on the matter... I'll let you know if it ever happens again! :mrgreen:

dave
Site Admin

Post by dave »

aweso!