Problem: Singer favorites lost

Feel free to post bug reports here. I need exact, detailed steps showing me how I can re-create the bug on my machine, so give as much info and detail as possible.
Razor

Problem: Singer favorites lost

Post by Razor »

Had this happen quite a few times, while during play and after putting macbook to sleep and waking back up. Got a message that the singer's favorites are lost and is being replaced with a new list.

Was using streamed songs from tricerasoft... would that matter vs. songs on disk?

dave
Site Admin

Re: Problem: Singer favorites lost

Post by dave »

this should not happen. some kind of bug, unfortunately.

note: streaming songs are subject to disappearing when you update a music store, this is actually how it works currently. i hope to fix that soon, but this is NOT related to the LIST disappearing.

If you can figure out a recipe for re-creating this bug, then i can fix it. as it is, i can not reproduce the bug (so i can't fix it)

rmanke

Post by rmanke »

Last week I actually had my entire singer list get messed up. When I started kJams it said I had a duplicate singer, and it kept saying that, so I force quit it, and found that there was a completely new singers folder called "Dave" which was a new singer I created... Inside of that folder was a number of other singers and their song histories.

I had to copy the singers back into the main singers folder, and delete the Dave folder to make the problem go away.

dave
Site Admin

Post by dave »

very strange. but i'd have to see that happening to be able to fix it. if you can create a situation where you can see kjams CREATING that problem (moving a singer folder into another singer folder), then i can fix it.