Quicktime Karaoke Movies not Transferring to iPod

Feel free to post bug reports here. I need exact, detailed steps showing me how I can re-create the bug on my machine, so give as much info and detail as possible.
BlueGreen

Post by BlueGreen »

I converted 10 karaoke songs prior to registering the program. Loved it and they play well on my iPod. Since registering, I converted 53 songs to quicktime video, imported them into iTunes and synced my iPod. The only karaoke movies that sync to the ipod are the 10 I originally set up prior to registering. All 53 videos play in iTunes ok.

dave
Site Admin

use the correct exporter

Post by dave »

you must use an exporter with "iPod" in it.

BlueGreen

Post by BlueGreen »

I exported to Quicktime using KJams and the default is iPod .264. Do I need to change this? It is the same format I exporter to for the first 10 files.

dave
Site Admin

i'm quite surprised

Post by dave »

please send me one of the videos that does not transfer to your iPod.

please use my file server rather than email.

BlueGreen

Post by BlueGreen »

Video has been uploaded. Thanks a lot for trying to help. I thought at first that the software was a bit overpriced...but it is really worth it. Works great. My iMac is not able to take advantage of the burn feature however but the export to video makes up for it. I import the video into garageband and it works like a charm while recording. Just got to get this iPod problem working and I will be happy.

ChurchCat

Re: Quicktime Karaoke Movies not Transferring to iPod

Post by ChurchCat »

BlueGreen wrote:My iMac is not able to take advantage of the burn feature
You do of course know that with and external CDG burner you would be able to use burn?

I agree about your comments on price. As software goes it is a bit pricey, but the level of customer support more than makes up for this.

CC
Every forum needs it's own cat.

dave
Site Admin

curiouser and curiouser!

Post by dave »

Can you send me the original MP3+G? Also specifically which exporter / preset did you use? Are you on Lite or Pro? I too was unable to sync this video to my iPhone, which is theoretically more capable than an iPod so i'm stumped.

But what I can do, if you're on Lite, is re-tweak the preset to work with your particular video and send you an update. If you're on Pro you have the capability to do it yourself, tho i'll still do it and give it to you so you can see what I did.

BlueGreen

Post by BlueGreen »

The files are on the file server. I exported to quicktime using the iPod H.264 setting in kjams preference panel. I notice that there are 2 other options - iPod MPEG-4 Extreme and iPod MPEG-4. Am I using the correct exporting format?
I am using kjams lite.
As indicated earlier, the 10 files I exported prior to registering the program work great. Does something change in the settings once registered?

dave
Site Admin

okay i got it

Post by dave »

the h.264 had a slightly too high bit rate setting, i've fixed it. i think what happened is that it works sometimes, and you happened to pick 10 songs that worked. the MPEG-4 one seems to work on your song, but produces a slightly larger file. no the settings don't change once you register. i outline here all the differences between the free and registered version, that is the full disclosure, there's nothing else different.

in the next version i'm also finally enabling the Apple supplied iPod exporter, which is pretty much guaranteed to always work.

BlueGreen

Post by BlueGreen »

Thanks Dave. Should I re-convert my 53 songs using MPEG-4 now or would you recommend that I wait for the next version.
Your help is greatly appreciated and I will recommend kjams to others.

dave
Site Admin

nope

Post by dave »

I recommend you wait for the next version since you will then use the official AppleApproved™ iPod converter, which is guaranteed to always work!

New build either tonight or tomorrow.

-dave

dave
Site Admin

ready now

Post by dave »

okay the new version has fixed exporters for iPod, iPhone and AppleTV. They are guaranteed to always work, somehow.

please run it, and go to your export prefs and pick the new one you want!

note for pro users: do NOT use the MPEG-4 Exporter, use the real iPod exporter!! In fact, DELETE the iPod presets from the MPEG-4 Exporter

-dave

BlueGreen

ready now

Post by BlueGreen »

53 Songs converted to Quicktime and imported to iPod perfectly. Thanks so much Dave.

dave
Site Admin

:)

Post by dave »

Yaaaaay!