kJams Lite crashing everytime I open it

Feel free to post bug reports here. I need exact, detailed steps showing me how I can re-create the bug on my machine, so give as much info and detail as possible.
krazyhorse

kJams Lite crashing everytime I open it

Post by krazyhorse »

Hello,

I know there's probably already a solution to this but I checked the board and couldn't find anyone with this specific problem

I upgraded Kjams Lite to the latest version (I'm going to stop doing this eventually because everytime I do, there's a problem) and now I can't even resize the window without it crashing. I can't even click on any playlists or anything.

Yes I tried downgrading and it didn't fix the problem at all.
I really hope Dave's around because I have a karaoke gig tonight and cannot afford to lose this paycheck.
Please please help me.

dave
Site Admin

Re: Kjams Lite crashing everytime I open it

Post by dave »

really, you should write to me directly, with any problem, rather than let a bad experience lead you to "stop upgrading". I can and have fixed every single problem that anyone has ever come to me with, usually immediately. It is patently false to say "every time I [upgrade] there is a problem". I've put out many hundreds (thousands?) of updates and only a fraction of a percent "have problems" (yes, it definitely DOES happen), but then when that happens i FIX the problem within a day or so, so it never *remains* a problem.

Please, give me a chance, kJams is actually quite stable.

As you already seem to know, the boards here are for problems that affect everyone, so posting here is not likely to actually help in a case like this that does not seem to be wide spread. On a crash-on-startup case, i'm the only one who could possibly fix it, you should just write to me directly. Then we can coordinate a time where I can look at your screen and fix the problem.

krazyhorse

Post by krazyhorse »

Okay so for future reference to I PM you or E-mail you? What's the best method?

dave
Site Admin

Post by dave »

for a problem that seems particular to you, email me. for a problem that seems everyone could benefit from getting sorted publicly, use the forums. definitely NOT a fan of the PM system.