total fail

Feel free to post bug reports here. I need exact, detailed steps showing me how I can re-create the bug on my machine, so give as much info and detail as possible.
undfan

total fail

Post by undfan »

I'm not quite sure what happened here. I cannot get kjams to even open. when i click to open i get the opening cursur rainbow wheel thing then nothing when i check the force quit dialog says that kjams is not responding. also after noticing the non responvive message i left open the force quit tried to re open got the same cursur and when the thinking cursur went away the program crashed. help please help i have tried uninstalling deleteing all of kjams and redownloading and reinstalling the trail for pro and still i have the same results. i am posting this in forums as well as emailing you Dave. Please help
Please stop cupping the mic

undfan

total fail?

Post by undfan »

okay after just letting it sit kjams left a unresonceive state to open what is the deal here it took a very long time to open

undfan

total fail

Post by undfan »

okay boot time for program to appear 4 minutes i still have not been able to load more than one song it locks up completely at this point i will see if i let it be for a few minutes if it resolves

undfan

total fail

Post by undfan »

bug report sent

dave
Site Admin

2 things

Post by dave »

1) send me your log file
2) downgrade to previous until i fix the bugs

undfan

total fail

Post by undfan »

I have downloaded and installed version d45r1 this was the first pro version that booted how ever it did take 11 minutes to do that. I wonder if the issue is the large amount of songs i have and that i store them on an external hard drive. this version of the program does function once it does load but it does feel sluggish thanks for your help so far Dave. I have to get this to work I have yet to find a hoster on the pc side that i can run on parallels that works.

dave
Site Admin

nono

Post by dave »

you want d46r21. don't use d45 at all.
let me guess you have a USB drive? yeah, don't use it. use a FireWire drive. how many songs? if you have 60,000 or more then *maybe* that's the problem. but see, i have 60,000 songs and it takes 8 seconds to load, so there's certainly some other bottleneck for you. please write to me directly via regular email and we'll get this figured out.

undfan

awesome support after total fail

Post by undfan »

after speaking and working with dave on the phone and having to leave to run a gig dave took the extra time to fix the issue that i was having. Thank you very much. I am happy to say kjams boots fine for me and in under 20 seconds with more than 100000 tracks.

dave
Site Admin

yaaaaay!

Post by dave »

:D