Problem playing MP3s

Feel free to post bug reports here. I need exact, detailed steps showing me how I can re-create the bug on my machine, so give as much info and detail as possible.
Doug

Problem playing MP3s

Post by Doug »

Hi! Please forgive me if this has been asked before--I'm new to the forum, and didn't find my answer via a search.

Anyhow, I've been trying to play some karaoke MP3s that I purchased (audio only), and usually everything goes well when I import them into the library. However, recently, I've been getting this strange error:

Assert Fail: Is_CDG_Ext(ext), in file: '/Users/davec/Developer/depot/kJams/Development/ source/Music/Csong.cpp' at line 3388

Not sure what I'm doing wrong all of a sudden! Like I said, kJams usually plays everything great! I'll be happy to try any suggestions you might have.

PS: GREAT program, BTW. Love using it!

dave
Site Admin

okaaaaay

Post by dave »

tech support is best done via regular email, please email me directly using your regular email client.

for starters i'll need your log file:
http://www.kjams.com/wiki/Logs

Doug

Post by Doug »

Ah I see. I didn't realize that since, after scanning the posts, I noticed similar tech questions were being answered via the forum (such as this example here).

Anyhow, my email is on it's way with log info.
Last edited by Doug on Tue May 15, 2007 9:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

dave
Site Admin

yes

Post by dave »

sometimes it's easy to answer a question if I have enough information to start with, or if I think i can get enough information with one or 2 quick exchanges. But this particular one i already know i'm going to need to have a conversation before i'll be able to diagnose the problem. :)

-dave

Doug

Post by Doug »

No problemo. Mail should be arriving now!

dave
Site Admin

thanks!

Post by dave »

Thanks to Doug i did find and fix that bug. If you need to play naked audio files, you'll need to (temporarily) roll back to r18, tho be aware that THAT version has other bugs that are NOT fixed (see the version history post r18 to see what bugs were fixed after that.

-dave