Library adds 81740 songs at start up

Feel free to post bug reports here. I need exact, detailed steps showing me how I can re-create the bug on my machine, so give as much info and detail as possible.
carol

Library adds 81740 songs at start up

Post by carol »

Every time I close out of KJams and start up again the library shows 81740 songs that are not mine. I just purchased the KJams Lite software today and have only added about 20 songs to the Library so far. The Songs work fine. When I closed out and relaunched KJams, I suddenly had 81740 songs showing in my Library! These "new" songs do not play— gives me an error, but that's not surprising as I don't actually have any of the files for them. My original 20 songs are still intact in the music folder, but they are not included in the Library (when it adds the 81740 songs). Well, actually, the songs are there, but they are a different version or they do not correspond to my songs in the music folder because they do not play. I have to close out, delete the library file and open KJams again. Then the Library looks fine with my 20 songs (and they work). But then when I relaunch it again later, it adds the 81740 songs again! :( FYI, My MacBook Pro is brand new.

Ok, never mind, Oops! Just realized I had clicked "include music store songs in main Library" in the preferences. I don't know why anyone would need to click that, but I checked it off and now it's fine.

dave
Site Admin

Re: Library adds 81740 songs at start up

Post by dave »

why would they do that? so they can play any of the 80k songs available in music stores. playing a song means you purchase it (but only once).

that way, you can search for a song in the library, and it will search your songs AND all music store songs to find it. when you find it, you play it (which causes a purchase the first time).

it allows KJs just starting out to have an insane large library. when a singer searches for a song, they see all the ones they can choose from.

works for streaming too, get a streaming pass and you can stream all the chartbuster songs.