Track number greater 99 not possible

Feel free to post bug reports here. I need exact, detailed steps showing me how I can re-create the bug on my machine, so give as much info and detail as possible.
chrigi06

Track number greater 99 not possible

Post by chrigi06 »

Hi

I try to import CDG files that came originally from a SCDG DVD. The name of such a file is e.g.

MT1029-903-It must have been love-Roxette.zip

If I choose the 'Name format'

L-T-S-R

I get a track number of 03 instead of 903 ! It looks like you allow just track numbers smaller than 100. Is there any reason for that limit ? It would be great if bigger numbers are also possible.

dave
Site Admin

limit

Post by dave »

the reason for the limit is that there is no such thing as a track number greater than 99 on any CD. only data cd's or mp3 cds can have an arbitrary number of songs.

the CD spec has only 2 digits for the track number. you can't burn a disc with more than 99 tracks (technically 96 or something)

in 20,000 downloads this is the first request for this. how popular really, do you think tracks > 99 really are? if you can make the case and show a real need, i'll see what i can do.

chrigi06

Post by chrigi06 »

As I mentioned before, I ripped the tracks from a SCDG (with a tool called CDGFix) which has 1029 songs on it. Together with this SCDG I have a song book in which all tracks are listed with Artist, Song and Track number. The track number goes from 1 ... 1029 !
If somebody looks at the songbook and says : Ok I want to sing track number 903. I have a problem, because I can't search for it. Thats my 'real' need.

dave
Site Admin

okay fair enough

Post by dave »

Okay i've implemented it, look forward to it in tonight's build.