Songs not playing

Feel free to post bug reports here. I need exact, detailed steps showing me how I can re-create the bug on my machine, so give as much info and detail as possible.
seanphafer

Songs not playing

Post by seanphafer »

I have been coming across songs lately that don't play. If you push play the play button flashes but nothing happens. They had played before! If I copy the .zip song file from the music folder, to the desktop, unzip it and re-add it it plays fine, but there is no meta data. Right now my entire IRISH section of songs is doing this. Some are SC, some Pocket songs, etc. The only thing I can think of strange is that I probably did at some point select all of them and change the Artist to IRISH and maybe the Genre. Any ideas, or do I have to copy and re-import all these songs?

dave
Site Admin

Re: Songs not playing

Post by dave »

get me on iChat and i'll have a look

http://karaoke.kjams.com/wiki/iChat

Karanight

Post by Karanight »

Did this problem get resolved, because I've come across this but not reported it because I wanted to check if another DJ that works for me has had the same problem.
Posted by Len of LensKaraoke fame

Web site at
http://lenskaraoke.com

dave
Site Admin

Post by dave »

the problem seems to be that the song files had been moved after they were added to kJams. the deal is, once you add a song to kJams, you simply can NOT move the song files on disk, or rename the song files. if you do, they will go missing.

I have heard once or twice where it *seems* that kJams has just "lost track" of songs, even tho the user did not move them, but i have never seen it myself. i would love to be able to see this in action, then if it really was a real bug i could fix it.

you can determine if a file was moved by the user by following these steps:
http://karaoke.kjams.com/wiki/Missing

if the file has *nothing* listed under "File: Audio", "File: Video" and "File: Zipped", then kjams has "lost track" of the file. but knowing it's lost track won't help, what i need to FIX that problem would be a way to reproduce the MOMENT they go missing. (after the fact forensics will tell us nothing also, unless you have the log file from the moment of losing track)

DeusExMachina

Post by DeusExMachina »

I have seen this too, and suspect it has something to do with failed pushes. Pushed metadata and database get out of sync, so the song as kJams is expecting it no longer exists where kJams thinks it does.

dave
Site Admin

Post by dave »

that is my suspicion as well but i still haven't actually SEEN it.

it's like a higgs-boson.