can't reload tricera store

Feel free to post bug reports here. I need exact, detailed steps showing me how I can re-create the bug on my machine, so give as much info and detail as possible.
leo-magic

can't reload tricera store

Post by leo-magic »

Hi!

kJams crashed during the musicstore update.
Now if I want to reload manualy the store, after loading the zip file there is a message: Error: double file names (in German: Doppelte Dateinamen)
After this the store is empty.

I tried to delete the tricerasoft playlist-file, and relaod the store. Same error.

Can you help me?

Thanks!
Léo

leo-magic

Re: can't reload tricera store

Post by leo-magic »

Ok, solved it. The Problem was the duplicate downloaded tricera file. (duplicate filename)
I serached the file with Spotlight and deleted the teporary file. Then reload the store. Works fine!

Léo

dave
Site Admin

Post by dave »

darn, i've been trying to reproduce that so i could FIX the bug, but haven't been able to.

everyone: please don't WORK AROUND bugs (i mean, if you can help it. If you have a show to do, yes do what you need to do to run your show!). If you can, instead, please just report the bug and let me try to fix it instead! thanks.

:D

leo-magic

Post by leo-magic »

I'm sorry for that, I had to have it work.

Reproduce it:

1) Reload tricerasoft
2) force quit kJams while downloading (or while parsing)
3) restart kajms
4) reload tricerasoft

-> the error is, that the file remains in the temporary folder (where the tricerasoft.zip is downloaded). If I want to redownload it, kJams tells me, that the file already exists.

Leo

dave
Site Admin

Post by dave »

wow! awesome! a real bug report! with steps!!

totally great, i'm not kidding, this is exactly what i need to get to the bottom of this bug!! thanks wicked!

Update: nope, bummer, i was not able to reproduce it. kJams cleans out the temp folder on startup, as it should. if you can repro this on YOUR machine, please contact me via iChat.

leo-magic

Post by leo-magic »

Sorry, I tested it once more:

1) Reload tricerasoft
2) force quit kJams while the playlist is PARSING (not downloading)
3) restart kajms
4) reload tricerasoft

At the first restart after thi the "critical updates in tricersoft, alle zoom tracks now for 1.99..." message appears. I klicked "download". -> the error "Unzipping music store:: "duplicate filename" appears.
Even if I restart kJams the Error appears until I delete the file manually.

Does it work for you?
Léo

dave
Site Admin

Post by dave »

no, it works fine for me. see? this is why the bug is not fixed: it does not happen for me! eek!

so get me on ichat so i can see it on your computer