Crashing on Exit

Feel free to post bug reports here. I need exact, detailed steps showing me how I can re-create the bug on my machine, so give as much info and detail as possible.
gsteffens

Crashing on Exit

Post by gsteffens »

Dave,

I sent you a crash report but figured I would post the issue here. Kjams crashes every time I exit the program after playing and stopping at least one song. I don't know exactly when it started occurring but it's quite possible that I caused it by decrypting some of the music folders I had added to the kjams library which were encrypted by Windows.

dave
Site Admin

Re: Crashing on Exit

Post by dave »

try the new version just posted, let me know.

gsteffens

Post by gsteffens »

It's still crashing after the upgrade and I sent you the crash report via email. One thing to note is that it seems to crash during the Deleting Browser stage when the app is closing. Hope that helps...

dave
Site Admin

Post by dave »

you are not sending the crash reports. you're sending a "winmail.dat" file, which is useless to me. :(

update: i got it open, but i can only use the crash reports from the Pro version right now, plus the report doesn't include the log file??

gsteffens

Post by gsteffens »

Sorry about that...when kjams crashes it automatically creates a crash report, attaches two files to an email, and sends it through my Outlook email so I was assuming it was doing everything it was supposed to do. I will test it again and manually attach the files to see if that gives you all the right info.

clayton

Post by clayton »

hey dave, i installed the newest version also today and was experiencing same issue. i noticed that it was with wma's and kma's. imported mp3's to the library and everything runs fine. doesn't ask to send crash report and i have tried the " send crash report" in the help menu, doesn't send. hope this helps. i'm watching for a fix.

kjams pro windows version

dave
Site Admin

Post by dave »

please disregard the thing about "i can't open winmail.dat" i'm fine now, no problem, as you were, and all that, or something.

please make a detailed list of steps i can follow to see the bug. i tried:

launch kjams lite tryout
quit
--> no problem

what did you do? make the list as short as possible

gsteffens

Post by gsteffens »

In my case, I am using the license file from my Mac version to unlock Kjams Lite but the following crashed in the Tryout as well:

Open kjams
Click Play button on the first song in the Library
Wait 5 seconds after music starts playing
Hit Stop button (side notes: the stop button graphic turns into a Play graphic temporarily -minor issue?)
Click File / Exit
---->Crash after Deleting Browser status window shows

BTW, if you launch kjams and do not play a song and simply exit the program it will not crash. So it's only after playing at least one song that it crashes on close of the app.

clayton

Post by clayton »

o.k. here goes.

open kjams , sellect file, add to library, sellect my computer, d:\file name, opens, adds to library,saves data base,pushes meta data, saves data base, now sellect song from library and click to play, warning kjams has encountered a problem and needs to quit, click "don't send ", kjams shuts down.

hope this helps.

dave
Site Admin

Post by dave »

still not able to reproduce this, here's what i did

run kjams pro
file->add to library
pick mp3 file at root of f:\ drive (not in a folder), corresponding .cdg file with same name is in same directory
click "open"
--> kjams adds to library, sorts, pulls meta, and plays song
wait five seconds
press stop
file->exit
--> no problem

gsteffens

Post by gsteffens »

My problem is slightly different than clayton's in that I'm able to play all my music in the library but it just crashes when I exit the program. I have tried removing and reimporting songs from a new location but I am still crashing on exit - even with just one song in my library. I don't want to waste your time if this is something I might have done so should I just delete everything and try a fresh install of kjams?

dave
Site Admin

Post by dave »

a bug is never a waste of time. correctly written software does not crash no matter what you do. you did not do anything wrong. please contact me on ichat so i can investigate.
http://karaoke.kjams.com/wiki/IChat

gsteffens

Post by gsteffens »

Dave, just an update...it appears that build 9 fixed this issue for me.

dave
Site Admin

Post by dave »

JOY!