Extending the video on my Macbook

Feel free to post bug reports here. I need exact, detailed steps showing me how I can re-create the bug on my machine, so give as much info and detail as possible.
Gaffle

Extending the video on my Macbook

Post by Gaffle »

I download the KJams Pro version (demo) but I'm having trouble extending the Karaoke song to the external monitor. I go to System Preferences and chose 'display' and arrangement. I don't have 'mirrored' checked but I'm only seeing Mac windows in the other monitor. I see the 2 windows in the 'arrangement' window but I'm having trouble grasping how to extend the video.

Is it because it's a demo? I want to purchase but I'm not sure if I'll have issues here (maybe a Macbook limitation).

Thanx

dave
Site Admin

Re: Extending the video on my Macbook

Post by dave »

this has nothing to do with kjams, it is just cognitive dissonance

you should have 2 monitors, one with the menu bar and one without. arrange the boxes to they match your physical layout, ie: if the 2nd monitor is to the right of the laptop, drag the one WITHOUT the menu bar so it is on the right of the one with.

now if you drag a window OFF THE SCREEN toward the 2nd monitor, it will drag over to that monitor, get it?

Gaffle

Post by Gaffle »

To all that may have trouble figuring this out... while in <System Preferences> <Display> <Arrangement>:

- make sure the 1st blue box has the menu bar (this is your laptop's display.
- the 2nd blue box (with NO menu bar) is the external monitor

Why playing a Karaoke song from within KJams, simply drag the Karaoke display window (the one with the scrolling song lyrics) OFF your desktop and to the right (it'll magically appear on your external display!).

Thanx.

dave
Site Admin

Post by dave »

8)