kJams unexpectedly quit on startup

Feel free to post bug reports here. I need exact, detailed steps showing me how I can re-create the bug on my machine, so give as much info and detail as possible.
casimir

kJams unexpectedly quit on startup

Post by casimir »

Why is that?

i tried both lite and pro version. After download, unzip and doubleklick it shows a small empty dialog-window an then quits.
I have a G4quicksilver 933, 1.25 GB, and just running Suitcase and Safari.

Would love, to have this run...

dave
Site Admin

crash on startup: Fixed

Post by dave »

Yep, i know about that bug. I believe it has been fixed for a while now. Make sure you have the latest version and if it's still a problem, write back..

-dave

Re: crash on startup: Fixed

Post by Guest »

Hi Dave,
thankx for the quick response...!
dave wrote:... Make sure you have the latest version and if it's still a problem, write back..
i downloaded the latest Version (1.0d40r21) from this site. I both tried lite and pro-Version (which of course doing the same startup routine in which the problem occures) ...
I don't know, if kJams requires any other software (for example the latest quicktime version, any libs etc. - which i might not have installed).

Another question as i am new to karaoke: Do you know if karaoke-Tunes from the apple music-store (mp3-files?) are fully usable (+text) in kJams?

Greetings from cold Germany
Casimir

dave
Site Admin

crash on startup

Post by dave »

Hmmm, well, do you have the latest LAME? If not, download it here. Might be a good idea to install it anyway. If THAT doesn't work, please send me your log file. For instructions on how to do that, click here. To pre-emptively get this fixed ASAP, please also send me your (zipped) "kJams Library" folder (please, not your music folder). If that's what's wrong, i'll personally fix it and send it back to you all fixed up.

-dave

cutmoney

Re: crash on startup: Fixed

Post by cutmoney »

Anonymous wrote:Another question as i am new to karaoke: Do you know if karaoke-Tunes from the apple music-store (mp3-files?) are fully usable (+text) in kJams?
First of all, the iTunes Music Store files will not display the graphics. They are not really karaoke songs, they are just MP3 files without the words on the music. You pretty much have to use a CD+G in order to get the music and graphics.

As far as your problem, how are you connected to the internet? I have noticed a bug (which I believe is still present) where you are connected to a network but the internet is not active. Once kJams tries to check for updates it crashes. The place where I have noticed this is on the iSpot networks. iSpot is a free wireless network at certain locations but it requires you to log in to their website before the internet access is really active.
<b>DJ Cut Money C</b>
Thunder & Lightning Sound and Lighting
www.MidwestDJs.com

casimir1

Re: crash on startup

Post by casimir1 »

@dave:
dave wrote:Hmmm, well, do you have the latest LAME?...
downloaded, but didn't work... sorry

@cutmoney:
thanks for the mp3/CD+G-hints.
i have a flatrate-dsl-connection in a litte network behind a router with firewall. Maybe, i have to open a specific Port...?

... problems everywhere - tried to login, but no mail was send...

dave
Site Admin

trouble shooting

Post by dave »

please send me your log file. for instructions, go here.

You say you "downloaded" LAME but did you install it? And It must be the one from my site, it cannot be from anywhere else on the internet.

You do not need to open ports to communicate out to the internet.

If you keep having trouble, please write directly to me, we'll solve it, then post the solution here.

> problems everywhere - tried to login, but no mail was send
what problems? tried to log in to what? what mail was not sent? I notice you used "casimir1" rather than "casimir", your "casimir" account is active, you should be able to use that. I looked for a "casimir1" account but did not find it, did you delete it?

-dave

casimir1

Re: trouble shooting

Post by casimir1 »

Hi dave,
dave wrote: You say you "downloaded" LAME but did you install it? And It must be the one from my site, it cannot be from anywhere else on the internet.
Yes/yes - i've downloaded it from the link you have posted above and (of course) i've installed it (i haven't mentioned that as seeming to be obvious for me, but i should have...).
dave wrote: 1. please send me your log file...
2. If you keep having trouble, please write directly to me, we'll solve it, then post the solution here.
3. what problems? tried to log in to what? what mail was not sent? I notice you used "casimir1" rather than "casimir", your "casimir" account is active, you should be able to use that. I looked for a "casimir1" account but did not find it, did you delete it?
Well, those points are all relatet to the second Problem:
I tried to create an account "Casimir" to be able to send you the logfile - sucessfully as you wrote. But something seems to went wrong since i couldn't log in the next time (I was told, that "Casimir" already exists, so i used "Casimir1" to be able to post at all). Maybe i typed the wrong password - but i either coundn't verify the correct one lack of any confirmation-mail. So this is, why i can't email to you up to now...
Could you please email me the password?

Sorry for this additional greenhorn-like problems...

jcaputo08055

Re: trouble shooting

Post by jcaputo08055 »

Hi,

I think I know what the problem is: the application needs to be compiled differently to run on OS < 10.3.9. I'm getting the following fatal error at startup:

dyld: /Users/caputo/Desktop/kJams Lite.app/Contents/MacOS/kJams Lite can't open library: /usr/lib/libstdc++.6.dylib (No such file or directory, errno = 2)

See this thread for more info.

Cheers,
Joe

casimir1 wrote:Hi dave,
dave wrote: You say you "downloaded" LAME but did you install it? And It must be the one from my site, it cannot be from anywhere else on the internet.
Yes/yes - i've downloaded it from the link you have posted above and (of course) i've installed it (i haven't mentioned that as seeming to be obvious for me, but i should have...).
dave wrote: 1. please send me your log file...
2. If you keep having trouble, please write directly to me, we'll solve it, then post the solution here.
3. what problems? tried to log in to what? what mail was not sent? I notice you used "casimir1" rather than "casimir", your "casimir" account is active, you should be able to use that. I looked for a "casimir1" account but did not find it, did you delete it?
Well, those points are all relatet to the second Problem:
I tried to create an account "Casimir" to be able to send you the logfile - sucessfully as you wrote. But something seems to went wrong since i couldn't log in the next time (I was told, that "Casimir" already exists, so i used "Casimir1" to be able to post at all). Maybe i typed the wrong password - but i either coundn't verify the correct one lack of any confirmation-mail. So this is, why i can't email to you up to now...
Could you please email me the password?

Sorry for this additional greenhorn-like problems...

dave
Site Admin

write to me

Post by dave »

what I meant by "write directly to me" is: use email. not the forums.
i don't know why i didn't see your message 'till now, you posted it way back in january!?! wow, sorry dude, hope you didn't feel like i was ignoring you. umm, did you get your stuff solved? please write in email.
-dave