Re-Interpret Names Crash!!

Feel free to post bug reports here. I need exact, detailed steps showing me how I can re-create the bug on my machine, so give as much info and detail as possible.
kjb87

Re-Interpret Names Crash!!

Post by kjb87 »

I'm running the windows version of kjams. I have some files that are named with Album_Track_Artist_Song Title format. That wasn't an option in the Re-interpret names choices so i clicked edit, and i created that option in the document with all the templates or formats and i added L_T_R_S hit save and closed and kjams crashed. then i reopened kjams and tried to re-interpret names again and it crashed. i'm hopefull that if i can go back into the template file and delete the L_T_R_S that i added it'll hopefully work again. idk....and i'm not sure where to look for that file either.

kjb87

Re: Re-Interpret Names Crash!!

Post by kjb87 »

Found Name Parser Templates and i opened it up, what i added was missing....couldn't change anything either because when i tried to save it i got a message that said "access denied"

kjb87

Post by kjb87 »

Also downloaded kjams and tried to "install" chose repair, finished, re-opened kjams tried to re-interpret names and kjams still crashes.

dave
Site Admin

Post by dave »

it is possible you edited the templates file using a non "plain text" editor like word. word will completely fuck up the file. you should just delete the file and kJams will make a new one. installer doesn't do that.

if you need to edit the templates file, set it's "open with" to a pure plain text editor, one that doesn't add anything "extra" to the file.

kjb87

Post by kjb87 »

I'm at work right now I'll check it out when I get home. If I fix it I'll let you know if not maybe I can get you on skype during office hours. Thanks
-Brian

dave
Site Admin

Post by dave »

throwing out the file will fix the problem.

kjb87

Post by kjb87 »

Throwing out the file caused problems, i needed "permission" to delete the file. i deleted it, and then tried to open kjams again, something about installation or something came up and later something came up that said fatal error. I re-downloaded the kjams install file and chose repair and then was able to open kjams and use it. i again attempted to "re-interpret names" tried to edit the re-naming file i was able to open it and add stuff but it wouldn't save, it said "access denied" and so i closed it without saving, tried to re-interpret names in kjams and it crashed again even tho nothing from the re-naming files were changed. i opened it with notepad not word. the only text editing programs i have are word and notepad.

dave
Site Admin

Post by dave »

okay there's something weird going on. will you be around in 4 hours? that's 7pm pacific time march 31
if so, send me an email and we'll get on screen sharing and i'll have a look myself.

kjb87

Post by kjb87 »

Yes i'll be available i'll email you at 7 and be in the help chat room. thanks
-brian

dave
Site Admin

Post by dave »

k i'll be here. when we're done please come back to this thread and post on what we found.

kjb87

Post by kjb87 »

Turns out i deleted the wrong file, i went into the kjams resources folder and deleted that "name parsar" file when i should have gone to the preferences folder. deleting the correct document did fix the problem also the underscore is an invalid charachter. see instructions @ http://karaoke.kjams.com/wiki/Reinterpret

dave
Site Admin

Post by dave »

YAY :D