Title Case & Capital Case not working for windows version

Feel free to post bug reports here. I need exact, detailed steps showing me how I can re-create the bug on my machine, so give as much info and detail as possible.
kjb87

Title Case & Capital Case not working for windows version

Post by kjb87 »

I'm running the windows version. I have a couple songs that have the titles in ALL CAPS and i'd like to conform everything to the title case but it's not working for the Artist field. if I reintrepret the name's to "S" it'll work and then i have to reinterpret back but that seems like a lot more work then it should be. when i was using a mac both title and capital case worked beautifully.

dave
Site Admin

Re: Title Case & Capital Case not working for windows versio

Post by dave »

noted, thanks.

kjb87

Post by kjb87 »

Looking more into this i discovered that Title Case will usually work when the song is playing but if you try to select multiple files and do title case nothing happens. maybe it has to do with the unzipper. when kjams plays a song it unzips the file right? so maybe while its unzipped its able to do the title case or something like that.

dave
Site Admin

Post by dave »

zipped or not is entirely unrelated to case changing. i tweaked the code a bit, there was a problem with certain things not updating, please try the new release r47 (coming soon) and let me know.

kjb87

Post by kjb87 »

Update seemed to do the trick. but some of the songs ended up in a "songs not renamed list" and then i pushed metadeta and they remainded there. and then i noticed that things weren't updating on the screen. i'd reinterpret names and they'd stay the same but if i clicked a playlist and then came back to the full library it would show the change. so i closed kjams and tried to reopen it and now it crashes before it will even open. not sure why or what happened but it kjams won't open. so i downloaded it and the installer gave me the option to repair. i chose that it finished and i tried to open kjams again and it crashed. i restarted computer and tried to open it and it crashed again. i thought maybe i could downgrade but i can't find a windows version to downgrade to

dave
Site Admin

Post by dave »

Update seemed to do the trick.
great
some of the songs ended up in a "songs not renamed list"
learn why
i noticed that things weren't updating on the screen
hmm i've seen that too but it's hard to reproduce. please list the exact steps that I can take so i can reproduce the problem, i need to see it for myself.
now it crashes before it will even open
please zip and send me your "kJams Library" folder (it's in your /Music/kJams/ folder)
i thought maybe i could downgrade
i highly discourage you from downgrading, as you're just going to add more bugs. but if you want to try it, see here.

kjb87

Post by kjb87 »

Sending the library folder now. i'll try not to downgrade but i need to get it working a.s.a.p. i have a gig on friday and i still need to print song books

kjb87

Post by kjb87 »

"hmm i've seen that too but it's hard to reproduce. please list the exact steps that I can take so i can reproduce the problem, i need to see it for myself."

It's hard to reproduce because it doesn't happen consistently. but every once in a while i would edit a tracks name, artist, etc. and click ok or save and kjams would save but on the screen nothing changed. so it looked as if kjams had done nothing. altho if you navigate away from the file by clicking into a playlist or rotation or anything and then click back into the whole library and see the song it'll be what you had named it to.

dave
Site Admin

Post by dave »

yes i understand the symptoms pretty well, but without the ability to reproduce the problem at will, i won't be able to fix the bug.

if you could spend a few minutes trying out different scenarios, you may stumble upon a sequence of steps that will always reproduce the problem. I've been trying myself to no avail, but sometimes the user is doing something i'm not anticipating, so you may discover it. If you do, please let me know, then i will fix it!

-dave