Assert Fail error.

Feel free to post bug reports here. I need exact, detailed steps showing me how I can re-create the bug on my machine, so give as much info and detail as possible.
jacksaturn

Assert Fail error.

Post by jacksaturn »

Dave,

Not sure what I did to cause this problem. I am working in Producer and when the "Converting Media Stream" status bar shows up, I get this error:

Assert Fail: curP != i_gwP, in file: '/Users/davec/
Developer/depot/kJams/Development/ source/
Music/../../ source/Utils/CPixels.cpp' at line 671

If I repeatedly click "OK" in the error box, the "Converting Media Stream" status bar will continue to increment, and eventually I can get the error window to disappear without needing to Force Quit.

Jack

dave
Site Admin

Re: Assert Fail error.

Post by dave »

can you provide a little more info?

when does the converting dialog show up? are you already in producer? or when you just start? or did you do something like "get media info" or how exactly do i get this to happen?

jacksaturn

Post by jacksaturn »

Dave,

Sorry, I didn't know how it happened before, but now I've figured it out.

You had advised me on how to change fonts in Producer by using "Get Media Info." The error happens when the CDG is being recompiled after I've changed the font or font size.

Jack

dave
Site Admin

Post by dave »

good to know thanks, i'll try to get that fixed for tonight's build

dave
Site Admin

Post by dave »

i have tried to reproduce the problem but i am unable to :( so i can not fix the bug.

can you reproduce this problem with 100% reliability? if so, zip and send me the song you're working on (all assets) and i'll try to repro it with your file.