Export problem

Feel free to post bug reports here. I need exact, detailed steps showing me how I can re-create the bug on my machine, so give as much info and detail as possible.
franks

Export problem

Post by franks »

Recently, I used kJams Producer to make several karaoke songs. In the past, I also had made several songs with kJams Producer.

In exporting the recent songs as CDG+MP3 files, the export function failed to export the CDG file. It only exported the MP3 file.

The export function still performs perfectly for the older Producer songs and for any ripped song.

I don't have any idea why this is happening. What did I do wrong??

dave
Site Admin

Re: Export problem

Post by dave »

I presume that you have actually purchased Producer? that is the only thing i can think of...
when you do "reveal in finder", do you see the CDG file?

franks

Post by franks »

Yes, purchased Producer!

Dave... must be some glitch somewhere. Still exports only MP3 file.

"Reveal in Finder" located Producer CDG + MP3 files in kJams music folder and I copied CDG from there together with the associated MP3.

All songs export OK except for several Producer songs that I've made.

No big thing since I know now where the CDG file is located if it doesn't export.

dave
Site Admin

Post by dave »

did you do "save" when you were in producer? the CDG file does not even get created in your folder unless you save. (command - S)

franks

Post by franks »

Dave, you were right on again!!

I thought Producer automatically "saved" when you closed it.

Everything OK now.

Thanks!

dave
Site Admin

Post by dave »

it doesn't because you may want to revert your work even the next day. you can quit and come back, and you're still working on a temporary copy, the temp gets saved (in the cache). only when you manually save does it actually copy the current temp cached version over the original song.