Deleting a track from a singer's tonight list re-marks here

Feel free to post bug reports here. I need exact, detailed steps showing me how I can re-create the bug on my machine, so give as much info and detail as possible.
Sedge

Deleting a track from a singer's tonight list re-marks here

Post by Sedge »

Topic pretty much says it. Not so much a bug as an unexpected outcome.

Steps to reproduce:
1. add songs to a singer (marks them here, as per preferences)
2. uncheck box next to singer in Venue screen (to mark them not here - minor feature request - can we make it so that this can be accomplished via the singer's context menu?)
3. delete a song from the singer's Tonight list (click on Tonight list, click on a song, delete key. - again, nice to have in context menu on song)

Result:
Singer is marked "Here" again, track deleted from Tonight list (other tracks remain)

Expected result:
Singer remains "Not Here", track deleted...

Relevant Preferences status:
Mark singer as here... is checked
Mark singer as not here... is unchecked

I can't think of a relevant situation where the current result is warranted - but perhaps there's something I'm overlooking.

>>Sedge
(Still a great product, Dave. Just providing input to help make it greater :mrgreen:)
- and apologies for using the terms "track" and "song" interchangeably - up too late to make consistent.

dave
Site Admin

Re: Deleting a track from a singer's tonight list re-marks here

Post by dave »

dam, that makes too much sense!! I wish all bug reports were this clear and obvious!

i'll put it on the list. how much do you care? do you need this really bad? It's easy enough, but I really want to focus on the Elephant in the Livingroom.

Sedge

Post by Sedge »

Eh. Once I observed the current result, it's easy enough to work around. I'd rather you concentrate on your elephant (or SQL!)

dave
Site Admin

Post by dave »

8)

Sedge

Post by Sedge »

This bug is back again - I think we had it fixed in r15, but then the listing got screwed up...
I don't think it's limited to "tonight" lists either - I think I was deleting out of the Favorites list.

this is as of r22. Doubt it changed in r23.

Edit: just tested in r23. Definitely still happening with Tonight list. Didn't seem to happen with Favorites list.

>>Sedge

dave
Site Admin

Post by dave »

okay i'll look at it again, sorry it's so in flux!

-dave

Sedge

Post by Sedge »

I know the behavior of the side list of names has been a real pain, but in r25 we've lost the auto-mark singer as here functionality. Option checked, not doing it. (Either drag/drop on Tonight list, or adding by command click/selecting name from list) - not sure on behavior from net kiosk.

Back to drawing board a bit I guess for some more whack-a-mole.

Aside from that, no issues for me in r25 yet. (That weren't there in previous versions.)

- Sedge

dave
Site Admin

Post by dave »

mole shall be whacked, again, in tonight's release. which will also have a VERY welcome surprise!