Freeze on scan

Feel free to post bug reports here. I need exact, detailed steps showing me how I can re-create the bug on my machine, so give as much info and detail as possible.
Sedge

Freeze on scan

Post by Sedge »

I forget your term for it, but when dragging/scanning through the song using the top display, when it comes to the end of what's loaded, it will now lock up the program completely. I've reproduced it a couple times. I don't have pre-load checked, if it makes a difference.

I'll make a full bug write-up if needed, and try to get a bug report sent your way.
>>Sedge

Sedge

Re: Freeze on scan

Post by Sedge »

Ok, tried real hard to reproduce it, and it took about 10 tracks. (this new MBPro loads fast)

It will only seem to freeze if you try to over-advance the track in the last 10% or so of the seek bar. Hope that makes sense.

It freezes kJams completely, must force-quit to restart. Other applications aren't affected.

>>Sedge

dave
Site Admin

Post by dave »

okay i'll see what i can do, thanks!
-dave

dave
Site Admin

Post by dave »

unable to reproduce given the description.

what i did was
play a CDG song
wait for it to completely render (no dashes in the playhead track)
drag the play head to the very end, scrub around near and at the end and past the end (don't let go)
--> it worked fine

what did you do?

Sedge

Post by Sedge »

Ok, big difference between what I'm doing and what you are doing is I'm not letting it render/load all the way.

It seems the easy way to do this is to double click the new track, then double click on the play head and hold down like you're going to scrub. Unless you release the scrub, the track will load to about 85% and not go any further unless you release the scrub. While the scrub is held on, scrub into the dashed area (or even really close to it, it seems) and kJams should lock up.

I've done this about a dozen times now, and have to be conciously cautious NOT to scrub to far when previewing tracks. (Checking for video glitches and corrupted mp3's)

It might be easier to reproduce with your trackpad set for one finger dragging.

- Sedge

dave
Site Admin

Post by dave »

okay i'll have a look

Sedge

Post by Sedge »

d50r32 Sept 27 2009 Lite Pro
* i think this also fixed the "drag the playhead before the song is completely unpacked" bug
* fixed a hang if you scrub the timeline to the very end
Apparently not. Downloaded new version, tested for bug. Locked up just the same. Trying to attach pictures.
Image of status area at top - as frozen.
Image of status area at top - as frozen.
Picture 2.png (11.38 KiB) Viewed 5875 times
Tasks window, again as frozen.
Tasks window, again as frozen.
Picture 3.png (20.13 KiB) Viewed 5875 times

dave
Site Admin

Post by dave »

okay i looked into this finally.

it's pretty hard to reproduce, and when i did, i saw that i was actually doing everything right and that Apple's implementation of threads is a bit lacking.

i don't think i'm going to be able to fix this until i re-write the thread code.

-dave

Sedge

Post by Sedge »

No worries about low priority - it would never come up as a problem during a live show, just when I'm previewing and sorting music at home. (rapidly scanning through stuff, etc)

I've mostly trained myself to avoid scrubbing to the end - but I still lock myself up once in a while, for good punishment.

Cheers!

>>Sedge

dave
Site Admin

Post by dave »

:wink: