Choice of where to let rip

Is kJams missing a feature you need? Post it here! Note: if iTunes has it but kJams doesn't, it's a good bet kJams will have it, but that I just haven't gotten around to it yet. But go ahead and request it anyway!
Karanight

Choice of where to let rip

Post by Karanight »

When I rip a disk it gets ripped the the music folders that are named by the artist. Is there a way to be asked where the disc is to be ripped to and then be given the option to choose weather we want the disc to be ripped to one place like a folder of our choosing thats called something like the disc identifying number.

I Change the kJams Music Folder Location in Prefs/ Advanced so that it looks a bit like this.
Image 1.tiff
Then I have to change the path back so Kjams can find the library when I reopen kJams.
Hope this makes sense.
Posted by Len of LensKaraoke fame

Web site at
http://lenskaraoke.com

dave
Site Admin

Re: Choice of where to let rip

Post by dave »

kjams was not designed to work that way. if you do work that way and run in to trouble (and i expect that you will), i can not help you.

you should set the KJMF and forget it, never change it.

Karanight

Post by Karanight »

OK. I'll leave well alone.
Posted by Len of LensKaraoke fame

Web site at
http://lenskaraoke.com

dave
Site Admin

Post by dave »

yeah what you want is to rip the music as usual, then *export* "original files" to whatever folder you want. if you want them to LIVE there, then delete the originals (from within kJams, Edit->trash original files), then add to library that new folder which lives wherever you put it.