Sound Effects/Break Music

Is kJams missing a feature you need? Post it here! Note: if iTunes has it but kJams doesn't, it's a good bet kJams will have it, but that I just haven't gotten around to it yet. But go ahead and request it anyway!
misfit550

Sound Effects/Break Music

Post by misfit550 »

I've seen in another program where it has "sound effect" buttons (applause, gong, etc.) and other buttons for playing "filler" music between singers. Maybe those things seem kinda gimmicky, but it seems like it could be a fun feature to play with.

dave
Site Admin

Re: Sound Effects/Break Music

Post by dave »

cstanyer

Post by cstanyer »

I'd also recommend taking a look at Alphabet Soup, nifty little package that I use with a load of Simon Cowell clips loaded into it.

TLB

Post by TLB »

I use different sound effects a lot during my shows, most of the time though, by the time i switch over to another application and find the effect that i want to use.. the moment is gone. I think it would be really nice to have a few user customizable buttons along the top of kjams.

Something like this would be great.

dave
Site Admin

Post by dave »

great idea, definitely. and pretty easy to do. but i think that will be a v1.5 thing, i'm not taking any new feature requests for v1.0, cuz otherwise it will never be done!

but definitely want to do this.

TLB

Post by TLB »

Yea i think it would be pretty neat to have. it would be nice if it was as easy to implement as it was to photoshop it... :lol:

dave
Site Admin

Post by dave »

:lol:

DeusExMachina

Post by DeusExMachina »

To facilitate this, as well as to play filler video shorts, I have a Singer aliased across all venues called "*interlude" (the asterisk assures that it will be at the top of an alphabetically ordered list) that I can drag around in the playlist and play as appropriate. Not quite as good as the sound effects, but it works for what it is. For overlaid effects, I use an open finder window to my effects files and quicklook.

Dj Rocky

Post by Dj Rocky »

TLB's idea would be very helpful and nice to have :)

dave
Site Admin

Post by dave »

yes i agree, but they won't make it for 1.0

DeusExMachina

Post by DeusExMachina »

UI-wise, considering the large number of potential files involved, a drop down list might be better.
After I finish my latest kJams-related project, I have an idea I'll throw together. Give me a week.

DeusExMachina

Post by DeusExMachina »

Okay, final stage testing on the video backdrop command is underway (testing multi-monitor support) and if all goes well, I should be able to start on this soon (today even). If I can get the parts in my head to fit together the way I think they should, I may have something to post by the end of the day.

DeusExMachina

Post by DeusExMachina »

Okay, I lied. I needed a break from the other kJams stuff I was working on, so I went ahead and wrote the Sound FX player!

Have at it!

https://karaoke.kjams.com/wiki/Code/new ... cts_Player

P.S.
If you find it useful, let me know here.
P.P.S. If you are feeling generous, feel free to contribute to the starving coders fund!
paypal manifold_sky @ yahoo . com

DeusExMachina

Post by DeusExMachina »

If you want the sound FX menu to be persistent (hang around for repeated use) I have modified the app. As an added bonus, running it this way makes it MUCH more responsive.
Head over to the download link if you are interested.

dave
Site Admin

Post by dave »

:)