The AUTO-CUE Thread! :)

Is kJams missing a feature you need? Post it here! Note: if iTunes has it but kJams doesn't, it's a good bet kJams will have it, but that I just haven't gotten around to it yet. But go ahead and request it anyway!
djpurple

The AUTO-CUE Thread! :)

Post by djpurple »

OK, wanted to work on the specifications for the AUTO-CUE feature. Here's how I see it working. If you turn on the AUTO-CUE preference, then a few things will happen:

1) When a song finishes playing, the next song will be selected, the first non-silent sample (might want to use a threshold for this in preferences) will be found and selected as the cue point, the playhead will be moved to that point and paused.

2) If a song is double-clicked (my standard method for playing a song), the song will be selected, the first non-silent sample will be found and selected as the cue point, the playhead will be moved to that point and paused.

To keep things simple, we'll stop there, at least for now...
Steve :)

dave
Site Admin

autocue

Post by dave »

sounds perfectly awesome. just what i was thinking :)

djpurple

Post by djpurple »

Also, Dave, the way it's specified here, it shouldn't need to rely on the independent threading function being done.

Having the next song cued up before the current one finishes is in the "would be nice" category, but the most important thing is being able to press play and have no silence before the music starts.

djpurple

Post by djpurple »

OK, a few more details on the auto-cue feature that would make it *way* more useful and slick:

Command-Option-Z = move the play head to the cue point and enter pause mode: this allows you to preview the beginning of the song in your headphones, then return the playhead to the starting point for when it's time to play it for the singer.

Command-Option-X = move the play head to the cue point and play immediately from there: this allows you to loop an intro while you're waiting for the singer to come to the stage, or loop any useful part of a song (see Command-Option-C...)

Command-Option-C = set cue point to current position of play head: this allows you to manually set the starting cue point for songs that have no audio count-off, as well as being able to set a loop point anywhere on the fly!

dave
Site Admin

mmmmmmmmmm

Post by dave »

drool

--------
okay just to be clear: when i imagine what you're saying it leaves me in a blissful state of nirvana, which appears on the outside as a drooling stupor