Colour singers

Is kJams missing a feature you need? Post it here! Note: if iTunes has it but kJams doesn't, it's a good bet kJams will have it, but that I just haven't gotten around to it yet. But go ahead and request it anyway!
Karanight

Colour singers

Post by Karanight »

I work in some venues where singers come and they make sure I've seen them and then I choose what they'll sing from there history. If they wan't to try anything different or if they want to sing a particular song they'll put a request in.
During the night I need to keep checking their tonight list to make sure they still have songs to sing, if I'm busy and don't check they get missed from the rotation, that's when I get the black looks.
So here's the Feature Request,
Can you make it so whilst a singer has tracks in their tonight list, their folder or name is a different colour or is coloured like the label colouring, and when it's empty it goes back to normal (no colouring)? That way I could see if there were tracks in their tonight list with opening it and as I'm navigating down the list of singers I'll know which need tracks in it. The colouring could also affect the singers in the singer window.
Hope this makes sense to you.
Posted by Len of LensKaraoke fame

Web site at
http://lenskaraoke.com

dave
Site Admin

Re: Colour singers

Post by dave »

THAT, mi amigo, is a flippin' awesome idea.

Jon Leggitt

Post by Jon Leggitt »

It really, really is!

As a small addition, perhaps have a color change (or badge, or some type of notification) in the rotation screen - both the KJ rotation pane and the Video screen - that signifies that it is the last of the songs that they've requested. That way, they have a full rotation to think another song, rather than coming up later, and having to try and find something in the five minutes before their spot in the rotation comes up again.

Karanight

Post by Karanight »

Now that would be perfect.

Web site at

dave
Site Admin

Post by dave »

noted :D

DeusExMachina

Post by DeusExMachina »

I have a number of singers with the same issue, but since I use the KJ Rotation, I know when they have no song in because their listing in the KJ Rotation is blank. Not sure how adding a colour would help. unless you are only using the regular rotation window. In which case I have to ask, Why on earth are you doing that?!?
Last edited by DeusExMachina on Wed Jan 27, 2010 4:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

dave
Site Admin

Post by dave »

8)

Jon Leggitt

Post by Jon Leggitt »

DeusExMachina wrote:...I know when they have no song in because their listing in the KJ Rotation is blank. Not sure how adding a colour would help. unless you are only using the regular rotation window. In which case I have to ask, Why on earth are you doing that?!?
Because the names don't go blank until the start of the next rotation? I work from the KJ rotation as well, but what happens when it's the first singer of the rotation whose songlist has run dry? Or the first three? (it has happened to me before)

DeusExMachina

Post by DeusExMachina »

I have always been of the mind that the KJ Rotation should advance to the next song in the tonight list as it goes through singers, but certain people with more authority than I think differently.
Anyway, I habitually check by using the disclosure triangle to see how many songs singers have in the next rotation, so I guess I have made my own work around. ;)

My quest was for a dialogue triggered by context menu that tells you time until a given singer sings next.

dave
Site Admin

Post by dave »

yes, i know. all these things are "on the list" :)

Karanight

Post by Karanight »

Glad to hear that. I was going to start a new thread with a request for something of that ilk. I'd written the request out but was waiting for the colours to appear. I've now put the request on a new thread.

Web site at

DeusExMachina

Post by DeusExMachina »

Actually, UI-wise, I guess it really doesn't need to be a dialogue. If it is triggered by a context menu, it might as well just BE the context menu!

DeusExMachina

Post by DeusExMachina »

Just to be clear, the idea was, right click, and one item in the context menu would just be "Time to next song"

dave
Site Admin

Post by dave »

actually i like the idea of showing a new column "When", that tells you when the song will be up, no matter what you are sorted by. if you sort by "when", it actually sorts by "#".

DeusExMachina

Post by DeusExMachina »

That works, and I considered it. In fact, I think that was my original suggestion way back when. But the more I thought about it, the more I realized that it added extra width to the browser window, and thus made multi-tasking a bit more difficult, necessitating keeping the kJams window wider, or horizontal scrolling. Either way though, I am not a equine benefactor orthodontist!