new features

Is kJams missing a feature you need? Post it here! Note: if iTunes has it but kJams doesn't, it's a good bet kJams will have it, but that I just haven't gotten around to it yet. But go ahead and request it anyway!
franks

new features

Post by franks »

1. Would be great to be able to export MP3+G files or equivalent CD+G files directly since I don't know what a BIN file is or what it contains or how to work with them(not too proficient at S/W). Many portable Karaoke CDG players now support MP3+G files with a USB or SD card interface.

2. "ikaraoke TunePrompter" a Mac App can generate an original Karaoke video M4V file which kJams can handle but there is no conversion to MP3+G files. It seems that this would be a potent an easy feature to incorporate. Having kJams "Producer" interface with "TunePrompter" or having a similar "Prompter" capability in kJams "Producer" would be devastating in my mind.

3. Another very handy feature would be a kJams "dashboard" that floats above the main kJams window. The "dashboard" sliders/knobs would keep controls of pitch, mic volume/echo/delay/treble/base, music volume/treble/base, tempo, video size at one's finger tips rather than accessing the cumbersome menu every time a change, adjustment or check is needed.

General question: Can someone tell me how to work with BIN files so as to be able to be compatible with CDG players since I am not currently using a Mac/kJams for performances(but intend to sometime in near future).

dave
Site Admin

Re: new features

Post by dave »

export MP3+G files
umm, that's exactly what kJams does. file->export->original files
"TunePrompter" can generate an Karaoke video M4V files but there is no conversion to MP3+G files
umm, yes it can. drop the KTP file on kJams, do NOT export to quicktime using TunePrompter, use kJams to do that if you want. But if you want it to create a CDG file for burning you will have to purchase the Producer plugin
http://karaoke.kjams.com/wiki/Producer
dashboard
there's been plans for that for a long time, i just haven't got around to it
BIN/CUE
you can import a bin/cue file that is an entire CD, or you can import single BIN files that are individual songs, then convert them to MP3+G, or you can just burn the songs to disc. or, you can use kJams to rip individual BIN files. If you don't require bin files for some reason, there's no good reason to use them