Adjustable end of somg

Is kJams missing a feature you need? Post it here! Note: if iTunes has it but kJams doesn't, it's a good bet kJams will have it, but that I just haven't gotten around to it yet. But go ahead and request it anyway!
dave
Site Admin

Re: Adjustable end of somg

Post by dave »

are you saying that FIVE times this weekend you played a song for which the OUTRO was > 40% the duration of the song?

DeusExMachina

Post by DeusExMachina »

No, I am talking about instances of it not working like it is supposed to, I suspect, as well as instances of crashes, where when I relaunch, I start the song approximately where they were cut off.

dave
Site Admin

Post by dave »

Please don't confuse a bug report with a feature request. all this time i've been wondering why this feature is even being requested when it's basically already implemented, when what you have been meaning to say is "there is a bug making it not work".

now: please narrow down the circumstances in which the bug occurs, so i can fix it.

DeusExMachina

Post by DeusExMachina »

I am not really treating it as a bug, but rather as a workaround for times when other bugs stop a song from being added to history, such as a crash mid song, followed by playing from that same point on relaunch. Plus the times when for whatever reason the song just does not get added. I can not tell what causes this since I don't notice until the next time through the rotation, when the singer has the same song in the queue. I then check their history and it is not there, even though I KNOW they sung it.
When this happens, for whatever reason, having a "Mark Song as Sung" command would allow the song to be added as if this error, whatever caused it, had not occurred.
Last edited by DeusExMachina on Thu Jul 12, 2012 3:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

dave
Site Admin

Post by dave »

*sigh*. fine. i'll add it to the list.