Development Requests

Is kJams missing a feature you need? Post it here! Note: if iTunes has it but kJams doesn't, it's a good bet kJams will have it, but that I just haven't gotten around to it yet. But go ahead and request it anyway!
otterbob

Development Requests

Post by otterbob »

I am one of those DJ's that uses iTunes and kJams.
I am a database developer also for a State Agency in CA.
I don't do club or bar DJ'ing. Mostly Weddings/Anniversaries and Corporate.
But I have dabbled a little with Traktor to test the benefits.

One reason I use [b]iTunes[/b] so extensively is the DATABASE functionality. Smart playlists, the ability to enter info that I use at other gigs is priceless.

One feature I would greatly appreciate is the ability to edit on the "OUTPUT" form without having to jump into the Get Info dialog.
Ripping in CDG that has no FreeDB data available is a pain. Especially when we talk about disks that have 20 tracks, half of them with and half without vocals. I just want to copy/paste the song name and add a blurb "WVoc" to the song name.

Basically I'd like to see the same interface as iTunes for the most part that would be an elegant addition. This also gives it less of a "Alpha" test feeling to the user.

dave
Site Admin

it's on the list

Post by dave »

yes, the ability to copy all songs, paste into eg: excel, edit in excel, copy and paste back into kJams (all at once) is on the list..

What is the "output" form?