Fixing Text in karaoke MP3+G or burning new corrected text

Is kJams missing a feature you need? Post it here! Note: if iTunes has it but kJams doesn't, it's a good bet kJams will have it, but that I just haven't gotten around to it yet. But go ahead and request it anyway!
deanbgood1

Fixing Text in karaoke MP3+G or burning new corrected text

Post by deanbgood1 »

This isn't major for me yet but when I decide to have a computer (MacIntosh) generated Karaoke it would be nice to correct words like "Creep" by Radiohead where it should read " I'm a creep I'm a weirdo" and it says instead I'm a creep I'm a widow. or I have a few italian disk that are neither correct italian nor are decent representatives of the Phonetic Pronounciations. Usually it is one word or so but enough to through you off if comes at the first part of the song. I suppose people would have to vote this one up or down but this type of correction is available in Windoze Programs. I'd pay for it as a plug in personally. Love Your Program, Dean
It's just an opinion, everybody has one.

dave
Site Admin

curious

Post by dave »

I'm very curious about said "windows programs that do this". What you're asking for is a CDG editor. That is no small feat. There is no "text" in a CDG file to edit, it is merely a series of bitmaps that happen to form what humans recognize as textual glyphs.

Can you refer me to these windows programs so i can have a look?

-dave

deanbgood1

Re: curious (KHPRO)

Post by deanbgood1 »

Dave,
KHPro (Karaoke Home Producer) I hadn't seen the program myself a friend of mine does use it to correct words that are incorrect however he has to do the karaoke from scratch something he did not tell me to begin with. It is a stand alone program that will write the lyrics, then have to match them to the song, as well as the timing of the highlight that passes though the used lyrics. I am so sorry that I had not asked him to clarify how this was done earlier he corrected the lyrics in one of my songs (Creep) which should have said
"Weirdo" but came out "Widow". He did not tell me at the time that he had to rewite the whole song in order to do so. It Looked the same to me so I just thought he corrected the one word. Sorry for the mistake. Dean :(
It's just an opinion, everybody has one.

dave
Site Admin

kJams Producer

Post by dave »

Well, yes, I have seen that, it's a full producer. Assuming all goes insanely well with kJams 1.0, I certainly do plan to make a "kJams Producer" which will in a very macintosh way let you create and/or edit CDG tracks. And I *do* plan to have it let you edit only one teeny section, so you could, by hand, fix that one word, without having to re-implement the whole thing. But that's a long, long way off.

If you're interested in this, tell all your friends (and to tell all *their* friends, recursively) to buy kJams Pro + the Burning plugin, which will encourage me to complete 1.0 and then make "kJams Producer".

-dave