Poll: What Feature should I work on next?

Is kJams missing a feature you need? Post it here! Note: if iTunes has it but kJams doesn't, it's a good bet kJams will have it, but that I just haven't gotten around to it yet. But go ahead and request it anyway!

What new major feature should I work on now?

Poll ended at Fri Jul 07, 2006 5:51 pm

Full QuickTime Export Options
15%
Import and Play any QuickTime movie type
25%
Better iPod Integration
No votes
iTunes integration
20%
Independent Streams
No votes
Encode with OGG Vorbis
No votes
Burn discs with Pre-bent pitches
No votes
Write in (add your own feature)
40%

Total votes: 20

dave
Site Admin

Post by dave »

1) well my thinking on that was like, only singers need to change the pitch. The song's pitch, when out in the world (ie: in the library) is the original by the artist. Only when a song is associated with a singer does then become relevant to change the pitch. What some people do is put the entire library into the favorites of a singer called "Library". Then again if more people request this feature it will be done, it's really up to the users.

2) You mean you want kJams to be a DVD player or do you mean you want to rip your DVD's into QuickTime and have kJams run them from the hard drive? This is actually what I'm doing right now while the poll is going on.

dino

Quicktime movies!

Post by dino »

I'm hugely in support of adding QT import ability, for a variety of reasons. I see that DJ Guy has some doubts as to the prevalance of non-CDG media, but in non-English karaoke there are a lot that are in full MPEG-2 video. I live and work in Colombia, and everyone wants to sing Juanes, Shakira, or Carlos Vives. These are out in abundance, but only on locally-produced DVDs. Those songs that are available on US-label karaoke discs tend to be only the songs that made it big in the US. I recently did a party where I had to run kJams, qMidi, and VLC at the same time just to keep everyone happy. The one person not happy was me, as I had to keep popping in new discs every few minutes and changing the program--something that kJams helps KJs do without with their CDG program. It is nearly impossible to build a respectable Spanish-language library without converting everything to QT. As far as the ripping of the DVD, I'm still fine with using MacTheRipper and Handbrake to get a QT format, which would save some steps on integrating this feature.

As others have pointed out, QT integration fulfills any number of other requirements as well: self-promotion (make your own videos with iMovie), fillers, and maybe even "instant replay" if you bring your own DV camera!

dave
Site Admin

QT Import already done

Post by dave »

you may have noticed, just last night I posted a build with preliminary support for QuickTime import and playback. Hey it works! Look forward to pitch bending on all QT media (including midi / kar files) and "smooth as glass" window resizing, as well as message overlays (curently the "play: next song" gets overwritten right away)

But hey! it works enough to do a show!

-dave

LaMax

Post by LaMax »

Hi!
I'm a boy from italy and i think that your software is very intersting!
but i want more.
if you put a midi/kar lyrics viewer, you make the very best karaoke software in every time!
Ciao!
Ps. sorry for english!

dave
Site Admin

kar/midi

Post by dave »

kJams already can play kar and midi files! go for it!

-dave

LaMax

Post by LaMax »

I have try to play a midi /kar song and it play but i don't se the text

dave
Site Admin

midi / kar

Post by dave »

midi songs do not have lyrics. only some songs that end in ".kar" have lyrics. eg:

http://www.midikaraoke.com/songdir/Pop_Rock-U/U2/

I just downloaded "Desire", double clicked on it, pressed "ok" (the guessed interpretation was correct) and it started playing, with lyrics.

try it, you'll like it. if you still have trouble, please write me using the email form or write directly to dave@kjams.com

cfspinner

Post by cfspinner »

I'm just starting with kJams and am definitely impressed with what it can do, especially being able to use all my CAVs ncg files!

I would love to have the ability to have a graphic with my comapny logo display automatically between songs. Just a simple option to put in the location of the graphic file, be it animated or static, and if it is provided, the minute the music stops it loads the graphic into the player window until the next song starts.

I'm sure as I start using Kjams during live shows, there will be other suggesstions.

My congratulations on an awesome product!

dave
Site Admin

:)

Post by dave »

"kJams Producer" can author new CDG files which can be burnt to disc if you like. it is not yet capable of text sweeping, but is otherwise pretty functional, tho NOT very intuitive. If interested, click here.

Otherwise, you can use iMovie to make your graphic with music, and import that into kJams :)

-dave

sergiovalp

Re: Poll: What Feature should I work on next?

Post by sergiovalp »

THIS!

"Random image moving on the lyrics's back"

a karaoke program without background is very bored. is the most important ! and the alternative for avoid the webcam use.

Sergio

Einsteindork

Post by Einsteindork »

Independent streams.
Itunes integration

dave
Site Admin

Post by dave »

Thanks for all your feedback. When I get to a good point, i'll post a new "what should i do next" thread. For now, this topic is closed.

-dave