online-Store list in Webserver

Is kJams missing a feature you need? Post it here! Note: if iTunes has it but kJams doesn't, it's a good bet kJams will have it, but that I just haven't gotten around to it yet. But go ahead and request it anyway!
leo-magic

online-Store list in Webserver

Post by leo-magic »

Hi!

A feauture that would be fantastic is the integration of the online-store in de Webinterface.

For the singer:
1) Can log in the Server and browse the library: all songs of the local library but also from the webstore are shown.
2) Can pick any song

For the kJ:
1) If a store-song has been choosen, it appears in a special playlist "pending".
2) The KJ can now decide "yes" or "no" and purchase directly the song (and maybe choose a version/publisher before)

So the singer has a very large choice of songs but the KJ has all the control... It would be great!

Bye!
Leo

dave
Site Admin

Re: online-Store list in Webserver

Post by dave »

browsing would be out, because it would take too long to load the meta data for all 22,000 songs
but searching for songs would be fine. i'll put this feature on the list

leo-magic

Post by leo-magic »

Is this feauture still on your list?
For me it would be very useful!

thanks!

dave
Site Admin

Post by dave »

the only way a feature gets "off" the list is if it gets implemented.

and it is *high* on the list, FYI

leo-magic

Post by leo-magic »

After more than one year I'm asking for news... :wink:
Is this feature still on the list and coming soon?

Thanks for your great work!
Leo

dave
Site Admin

Post by dave »

yes this is done. "prefs->stores->include music store songs in main library".

note that if a music store gets re-loaded that you should quit and re-run kJams to update the Library (for now). Also note that this is dangerous if you turn off "Confirm All Purchases".

note that any song found in a music store and submitted will cause a purchase.

leo-magic

Post by leo-magic »

Is it not possible to add a sort of approval for store-song-requests?
If a singer would add a song from the store to his tonight list, it would appear in a playlist named pending.
The kj could show this song (maybe set search field to title + singer) in the store and decide to buy it or not. (or which version)
What do you think about that?
Thanks!
Leo

dave
Site Admin

Post by dave »

currently: either you let singers buy songs on your dime, or you do not. if you don't want them to buy songs, then don't turn on that feature. there is no way to let them submit a song purchase request that you can later decline to purchase.

actually i think the song gets added to their tonight but is not purchased unless they're the next one singing, so you DO have time to see if you want to buy it or delete it.

but yeah, any more new features will have to be post 1.0.

leo-magic

Post by leo-magic »

Ok, but what if a singer just add a song (version) and you have it already in your library. (but another version)
So you have no control from where the song is. -> maybe a label "store" or whatever on "not-purchased-store-songs" would be good.

Best thing would be:

1) singer adds song to tonight list
2) if the song is from the store, the song is labeld as "store song" and not played until bought from KJ.
3) KJ can right click -> show in store. (search in store list with title and singers name as search input)
4) KJ can select which version to buy (drag onto singer -> "request" replaced by choosen song of same name)

No?

Thanks!
Leo

dave
Site Admin

Post by dave »

you're definitely right, there should be a validation step for the KJ to vet the store song submission, that IS on my list of TO DO.

for now, as long as the singer isn't the NEXT singer on the stage, you DO have time to go over their song submission. You can install Growl to get more obvious notification when a singer submits a song.

Also, there is a "Purchased" meta data column you can show. it currently works correctly in the singer's "tonight" list, but not in the rotation. I'll fix it to work in the Rotation lists for the next release.