"Add to Library..." from kJams Music folder

Is kJams missing a feature you need? Post it here! Note: if iTunes has it but kJams doesn't, it's a good bet kJams will have it, but that I just haven't gotten around to it yet. But go ahead and request it anyway!
golly

"Add to Library..." from kJams Music folder

Post by golly »

Please exapand the "Add to Library..." function to allow you to add to the library any tune already in the kJams Music folder (such as when a tune is inadvertendly deleted out of the library).

dave
Site Admin

good idea

Post by dave »

okay, it's on the list :)

Update: this feature is in:
"Advanced->Special->Scan "kJams Library" folder for orphaned songs..."
Last edited by dave on Thu Dec 20, 2007 12:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

edernest

MP3 import

Post by edernest »

I'll second that feature request, and I'll suggest that it's taken a little further. I'd like to make the process of adding mp3+cdg files as easy as ripping a CDG disk. That is to say, I specify a folder, and it would grab the files (maybe even zip them up!) and copy them into my library. Also, I'd like to be able to remove mp3 tracks in kJams and at least be given the option to delete the original file, allowing me to do all my library management from within the app.

This is pretty much how iTunes behaves, and I know you say "If iTunes has it...". Hope to see this in the future.

dave
Site Admin

okay

Post by dave »

it would grab the files (maybe even zip them up!) and copy them into my library
As you can see here under "What My Plan Is", line number 14 i have:
option to copy or reference files when "Add to Library…"
that's been my plan all along. (I just added "zipped")
be given the option to delete the original file
Already there: "Edit->Trash Original Files..."

edernest

Sounds good

Post by edernest »

Thanks! How about adding the option to delete the original file to the "Do you really want to remove this from your playlist?" dialog box? Or even better, how about a key combination to trash original files? (or is that too dangerous?)

dave
Site Admin

:)

Post by dave »

How about adding the option to delete the original file to the "Do you really want to remove this from your playlist?"
No, they really are separate commands, they should remain separate, to force the user to invoke the command they really mean.
about a key combination to trash original files?
It's such a rare thing it doesn't really warrant a keyboard shortuct. However you can add your own:
Customized Keyboard Shortucts

edernest

clarification

Post by edernest »

I was using the Delete button on the keyboard, not the menu items. I agree that they should remain separate menu items. Personally, I prefer using the delete button to get rid of files and when I press delete I would have liked to be given the option to delete the original file, like in iTunes.

dave
Site Admin

Post by dave »

You can easily set "Trash Original Files" to use the Delete Key for a keyboard shortcut :)

-dave

edernest

pretty please?

Post by edernest »

The keyboard shortcuts are very handy and flexible for sure, but I move my kJams database around to different computers often and I'll have to remember to bring the Keyboard.txt file over. Any chance we might see a legit keyboard shortcut in the app at some point (I'm asking because I'm lazy, in case you didn't get that)? Maybe something like this:

Delete = Remove from library
Command-Delete = Remove from library (don't warn)
Shift-Delete = Trash file
Command-Shift-Delete = Trash file (don't warn)

dave
Site Admin

Post by dave »

okay i'll add it to the list

edernest

Cool

Post by edernest »

Thanks!

dave
Site Admin