Second Library

Is kJams missing a feature you need? Post it here! Note: if iTunes has it but kJams doesn't, it's a good bet kJams will have it, but that I just haven't gotten around to it yet. But go ahead and request it anyway!
Maxx

Second Library

Post by Maxx »

Hi Dave,

Would it be possible to make feature to create a second library? I know this may be an odd request. Instead of making playlists I would like to create an entire separate library for this reason...I do karaoke in multiple places, some bars, some not bars. The second library would be beneficial for me when I do work for kids where it would be possible to "clean" up the library so only the songs that are appropriate show up in that library but not in the other and vise versa. Make sense? So technically I would have a clean library and a foul library which would also help in creating the separate books for these different shows. Possible?

Thanks as always!
Maxx

dave
Site Admin

Re: Second Library

Post by dave »

Just go into your user/Music folder and put a tilde ("~") in front of "kJams Library" folder, then run kJams again. now you have an empty library. now add to library all your "clean" music. when you want to switch libraries, quit kJams and transfer the tilde to the other folder, then run again.

Maxx

Post by Maxx »

Rock on! Just a question, there is no way to switch without quitting? No biggie, if it was possible would be cool to have both libraries if I forgot to put "x" song into whichever library.

dave
Site Admin

Post by dave »

no it's not possible. but i'll put it on the list. note the list is extremely long and has probably a thousand things on it that are higher priority. :)
-dave

Maxx

Post by Maxx »

No problem. You rock...keep up the amazing work. 8)

dave
Site Admin

Post by dave »

YAY! 8)

Sedge

Post by Sedge »

dave wrote:Just go into your user/Music folder and put a tilde ("~") in front of "kJams Library" folder, then run kJams again.
Will this work with playlists too? I have some playlists that I don't really need to see unless I'm at home working on things - if I could go into the Playlists folder and quietly alter the names of certain .xml files so they wouldn't display (until I alter them back, of course)

dave
Site Admin

Post by dave »

correct