Drop track on singers name

Is kJams missing a feature you need? Post it here! Note: if iTunes has it but kJams doesn't, it's a good bet kJams will have it, but that I just haven't gotten around to it yet. But go ahead and request it anyway!
lenskaraoke

Drop track on singers name

Post by lenskaraoke »

When a track is dragged to a singers file, could it be possible to have the track placed in the favorites list as well as the tonight list. kjams could still retain the ability to put the track only in the tonight list, or favorite list, if thats where it's dropped, but put it in both when it's dropped on the singers name.
Tell the truth or lose the horse

lenskaraoke

Post by lenskaraoke »

Please

leo-magic

Post by leo-magic »

Hmm, why this? If you d'like to add all songs to the singers favorite list, what is the sense of the history-list?

Or just frag it into the favorites-list?!

Léo

lenskaraoke

Post by lenskaraoke »

When I add a song to a tonight list I nearly always have to add the same song to the favorite list. Thats two actions whereas it could be one action and still retain the option of adding to just the tonight or favorite list

dave
Site Admin

?

Post by dave »

but it IS in the singer's history list. automatically. thats what it's for. the history list IS a list of favorites, in fact so much favorite that they've been sung!

lenskaraoke

Post by lenskaraoke »

I must admit I do neglect the history list,and I will start using it instead of the favorites. Now, I wonder what the favorites list is for.

jfbiii

Post by jfbiii »

Well, the thing that I use favorites for is to keep a list of songs that I want to sing but haven't gotten to yet or that need practice or that I need to learn. In other words, I use it for myself the way that a patron at a show might when kJams gets a client-facing web interface, which is on the development list I think.

As a KJ tool favorites for each singer are a lot to keep up with and I don't bother. But for a show patron, the way that I use my own favorites list is very useful tool.

dave
Site Admin

:)

Post by dave »

8)

lenskaraoke

Post by lenskaraoke »

jfbiii wrote: I use it for myself the way that a patron at a show might when kJams gets a client-facing web interface, which is on the development list I think.
Now that I didn't know, but what a brilliant move from Dave when it's live.

I have a web site and people can download my list from the site if they wish but this is so much better.

dave
Site Admin

Post by dave »

Okay people, it's getting close enough to get feedback on. It's not done, not yet. but it might just actually work enough for you to try.

in the Pro version:
right click on any singer and pick "get info", you set the password there
now hold the option key and pick preferences
now click "sharing"
check "kJams Web Server" and pick a port, 12345 is the default
go to System Preferences->sharing and see your machine name, it's "something.local"
now go to a web browser on your network, type that name with ":12345" on the end, eg: "something.local:12345", you'll get a login screen.
pick your singer and log on
let me know what you think
Last edited by dave on Tue Sep 23, 2008 2:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

leo-magic

Post by leo-magic »

Hmm, sounds great...

But how to open the xyz.local in the Browser? When I type it in, it is automaticaly changed to http://xyz.local/

Have I to activate also a Sharing Option or so in OS X?

Thanks! Léo

dave
Site Admin

Post by dave »

for you it would be :

http://xyz.local:12345

lenskaraoke

Post by lenskaraoke »

Wow, That was fantastic. I cannot believe my luck in choosing to use kjams and a mac for my karaoke presentation, Now I'm bitting the bit waiting for this to be rolled out fully.
I added tracks and checked out my tonight list but the favorites and history list didn't load
When I clicked on the library and typed in the search box the options of songs came up and I was able to add the selected song to the favorite list. When I looked back on the kjams program, hey presto! the track was there.
If I typed a song name whilst any of the headings was highlighted I got search results from the main library, but as you say, you are just trying it out.
When I clicked tonight, I got the songs that were in the tonight list on kjams
When I added to the tonight list the track didn't get added

Paul

Re: :)

Post by Paul »

Hi Dave

Regarding the webserver, I set it up no problem, just like you said.

Connecting from another macbook on my home network I get the login screen, I can pick a singer from the dropdown, but entering a password (which was set) just brings me back to the login screen again, same happened on my iphone.

With regard to adding a new singer remotely, it asked for a name and password, but this was not added to kjams, and I was not able to exit the new singer box without retyping the url/pressing back.

Looks like a fabulous option, but needs a little work yet sorry. Look forward to testing the next release.

Paul

dave
Site Admin

moving

Post by dave »

i'm moving this topic to it's own thread, please pick it up there.

-dave