Managing duets/group sings

Is kJams missing a feature you need? Post it here! Note: if iTunes has it but kJams doesn't, it's a good bet kJams will have it, but that I just haven't gotten around to it yet. But go ahead and request it anyway!
dave
Site Admin

Re: Managing duets/group sings

Post by dave »

text. just text. no popup. no validation, put whatever you want in there. it follows the song related to the singer (like pitch and tempo)

garage_logician

Post by garage_logician »

Are there any plans to implement something more robust for duets and groups?

Thanks!

dave
Site Admin

Post by dave »

there are big plans yes, but that's a long way off since Apple is forcing me to re-write kJams from scratch.

the best i can do right now is "Manual Rotation" which gives you more control, and you can manually set up duets (create a single singer with both names)

DanDemolition

Post by DanDemolition »

What’s funny is I just was thinking about this tonight as a more efficient way of managing duets from my singers. I have managed on my own for a while, but near the end of the night, it’s easy to slip up, and upset people trying to fit in a song, without realizing someone is singing with someone who had recently sung. Just checked the forums now, because I knew it was a feature that had either been introduced, or was going to be. As far as rewriting the program for Apple, is there any sort of general timeline? And, as I am on the newest version of OS X, will I be running into any issues for the time being?
-Daniel Todd
WildStyle Karaoke, CA

HowardBrazee

Post by HowardBrazee »

I started off creating singer names for duets. But even though I encourage duets, I want the duet singers to wait their turns, so I got rid of these.

dave
Site Admin

Post by dave »

@DanDemolition, see the link above about re-writing kJams for the timeline