Between Song Filler

Is kJams missing a feature you need? Post it here! Note: if iTunes has it but kJams doesn't, it's a good bet kJams will have it, but that I just haven't gotten around to it yet. But go ahead and request it anyway!
dave
Site Admin

:)

Post by dave »

the plan is:

1) ability to designate *any* play list as your special "filler" playlist (with some options like "it's always playing" or "pick up where you left off" etc)

2) the ability to see, browse, and play your iTunes library within kJams.

so put 1 and 2 together, and the answer is yes.

ChurchCat

Re: :)

Post by ChurchCat »

dave wrote:the answer is yes.

8)
Every forum needs it's own cat.

cfspinner

Re: :)

Post by cfspinner »

dave wrote:the plan is:

1) ability to designate *any* play list as your special "filler" playlist (with some options like "it's always playing" or "pick up where you left off" etc)

2) the ability to see, browse, and play your iTunes library within kJams.

so put 1 and 2 together, and the answer is yes.
You ROCK dave....that would be perfect!

Paul

Post by Paul »

I am very excited about this as well

Paul

cosmik

Post by cosmik »

and , while we're at it: adding possible cue points as cooldjmac already suggested.

"I like to start the filler song at the chorus of the song that was just sung."

Maybe an internal script like "crossfade.zip" to fade out an application of choice (for instance a "windows" picker?),
most likely Itunes, and fade KJams in again...All freely selected ON/OFF via the Kjams Preferences General Tab. just thinking loud here, sorry. I'll be quiet for now :roll:

cheers, Mike

dave
Site Admin

:)

Post by dave »

i don't think i'll be having kJams control other applications' volumes, that would require AudioHijack style audio control, and i think it's outside the scope of kJams. I plan to have kJams itself manage all your audio so you won't *need* to coordinate it with another application.

Of course, you will be able to use a selectable audio output device, so you could always do your crossfades in your hardware mixer with the lovely hardware knobs :)

-dave

dave
Site Admin

crossfade with iTunes

Post by dave »

check out the Crossfade script, and especially this post for Automatic Crossfading