# times sung-be honest to me!

Is kJams missing a feature you need? Post it here! Note: if iTunes has it but kJams doesn't, it's a good bet kJams will have it, but that I just haven't gotten around to it yet. But go ahead and request it anyway!
randyj

# times sung-be honest to me!

Post by randyj »

First, I want to give a big THANK YOU to Dave for his work on bazillions of features in kJams.

:wink:

Many tracks get the NEXT button pressed before they actually play all the way to the very end of the track. This "slams the door" on the # Sung field. The song doesn't get counted as "sung" unless you let it finish...

Which then makes the field almost useless due to inconsistency.

Thank you for considering discussion on this!

(Note: there are many reasons for ending a track early, which could be discussed ad nauseam in another thread. A very long outro or the long, silent company logo, etc.)

dave
Site Admin

:)

Post by dave »

how about this:
i'll consider it "sung" if the "time marker" is after 50% of the song when you hit next?? would that cut your mustard? very easy fix.

-dave

randyj

Post by randyj »

glad to hear it's an easy feature to add. THANKS!

Often it's because I'm comparing 2 versions of the same song... maybe 75% rather than 50% ???

dave
Site Admin

:(

Post by dave »

well, now i'm confused. what playlist are you looking at? currently, the song is marked "sung" if you press next after 60% of the song. so can you tell me what you're doing and in what playlist? cuz it's working just fine as far as i can see. (note: it's broke in the "Singers" list, which i'll fix)

randyj

Post by randyj »

Excellent! I didn't know the feature was there. I was hitting STOP (which doesn't change the number) but NEXT should be suitable for most situations

Cool :-)

dave
Site Admin

:)

Post by dave »

if you want fine control over when the next song starts, you can set the prefs "pause after each song" and "skip silence at beginning". that way, when you press next, it will pause it with the audio que'd such that the moment you hit un-pause (which is the space bar BTW), the audio will start instantly

-dave