KJ Rotation - Singers Waiting

Is kJams missing a feature you need? Post it here! Note: if iTunes has it but kJams doesn't, it's a good bet kJams will have it, but that I just haven't gotten around to it yet. But go ahead and request it anyway!
dennisgsy

KJ Rotation - Singers Waiting

Post by dennisgsy »

In one of the venues I play at frequently, I have accumulated 190 singers / duets / groups and this is after a recent clean-up! Of the 190 singers I typically leave up to 50 regular singers marked as here (I find it easier to locate the regulars this way than scrolling down the full list). So when I go to the "KJ Rotation" window to re-order singers it can take a while to locate the one I'm after and the one I want to move that singer after.

I thought a simple solution would be to find a column that shows the total number of songs queued-up to identify 'active singers' but "Total Songs" presumably has a different meaning? Is there a glossary of what individual meta data tags mean?

A nice solution, if it is possible, would be to show 'active singers' in bold.

dave
Site Admin

Re: KJ Rotation - Singers Waiting

Post by dave »

could you search rather than scroll? it's intended that singers not literally physically "here" are not marked as "here".
but either way, search instead of scroll?

but anyway, the answer is YES in the next update "Total Songs" will do what you expect.

-dave

dennisgsy

Post by dennisgsy »

I hadn't discovered the search option in this scenario and it works really well. I just tested it by marking most singers as 'not here'. I then used the context menu to add to singer then with my cursor hovering over any name in the list of singers I typed: "c" which found "Chi" in the singers here set being the first name starting with "C". I then typed "cha" which found "Chantelle..". I then typed "char" and it found "Charlie". Perfect! See video.

The Total Songs will also be a useful option. Thanks

https://youtu.be/jwcq6ah8NXM

dave
Site Admin

Post by dave »

you can also click the venue name, see all the singers, and search there with the search box, find the one you want, and check the here button. i know that takes you away from the list of music, so may not help, but it is another option.

:)