SARS-CoV-2

Is kJams missing a feature you need? Post it here! Note: if iTunes has it but kJams doesn't, it's a good bet kJams will have it, but that I just haven't gotten around to it yet. But go ahead and request it anyway!
DeusExMachina

SARS-CoV-2

Post by DeusExMachina »

Seriously, though, wouldn't it be great to have the ability to stream the video window over server, so as to facilitate some sort of online karaoke offering, such that the lyrics and music stream to the singer on a secure feed (linked to their Server creds) and the singer's video feed multicasts to a dlist of recipients, perhaps using a streaming server service life dacast, YouTube Live, FaceBook Live, or such?
Social dis-dancing and such.
Well, using FaceBook live would just require streaming the video window and audio. Their platform would handle the rest.

dave
Site Admin

Re: SARS-CoV-2

Post by dave »

that would be nice, sure :)

there must be some platform that can do that? but i don't know what it would be

DeusExMachina

Post by DeusExMachina »

Yes, like I said, you could use DaCast, which, relative to other video streaming services, is relatively cheap at $19/month for 300 hours.
Facebook Live and Youtube can do it too, even Zoom, and take care of most of the multicast infrastructure, you'd just need a way to specify the video window as the streaming source (maybe spoof it so that the receiving server thinks it's a camera feed) and a way to monetize invites (though that could be done manually).
Last edited by DeusExMachina on Tue Apr 07, 2020 1:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

dave
Site Admin

Post by dave »

8)