Adjust rotation list in the Pro version

Is kJams missing a feature you need? Post it here! Note: if iTunes has it but kJams doesn't, it's a good bet kJams will have it, but that I just haven't gotten around to it yet. But go ahead and request it anyway!
whatuplv

Adjust rotation list in the Pro version

Post by whatuplv »

Great program and I love the fact that you interact with us, the users.

Here's my thing. In the pro version, at least as far as I can tell, you can't make certain changes to the rotation. For example, if I have 6 singers in the rotation and a new person walks up with a request, I can put his name in and he's added to the rotation, but if I want to, I can't move him up to the #3 spot. I've tried changing the order in the KJ Rotation, but it doesn't work. After a singer is done, I can double click his song in the rotation to play it, but then my rotation is totally screwed up, especially if I have many singers in the rotation.

The bottom line is I'd like to able to alter the rotation so I can have "Jim"
in the #4 spot and the #6 spot if I want to. Or, If I could just make a playlist and enter a singer's name for each song in the playlist, that would work just as well, but then I'd end up not using the awesome "Venue" and "Singer's Playlist" features as much as I want to.

I hope this made sense.

dave
Site Admin

:)

Post by dave »

you can reorder the KJ rotation, you must be sorted by # to do that, just drag and drop. note you can't drag INTO the LAST position, because you have to drop on top of the one you want to insert the drag in front of.

-dave

lenskaraoke

Post by lenskaraoke »

Quote "After a singer is done, I can double click his song in the rotation to play it, but then my rotation is totally screwed up, especially if I have many singers in the rotation"

I found this a problem when I first started using kjams but I've found if you take note of the top song in the Rotation list and then click a song thats out of order in that list, after the song has played if you then click the song that was at the top in the first place the list will go back to the original order. This works even if the next song starts playing, all you have to do here is stop the track from playing and then double click the original top song
This is assuming the singer only has one sing in there play list, if there is more than one no matter which song you click on for that singer you will get the first song in his play list playing. The next song for that singer will then be in the normal order, in other words they won't a go, they'll just have one of there songs bought forward.
Tell the truth or lose the horse

dave
Site Admin

i think you're not understanding the paradigm

Post by dave »

you don't use the rotation that way. the KJ rotation shows you the order in which the singers will sing. if you want to change the order, you must STOP the rotation (press the stop button, NOT the pause button or the space bar), then drag and drop the rotation to correct the order, then start playing again and it will play the FIRST singer's FIRST song. If you want to change the order of a SINGER's playlist (ie: change the song they will sing next), then go to that SINGER and re-order their TONIGHT list. if that singer is currently singing, you must stop the rotation first.

i know this is not completely intuitive i do plan to make it easier to just "get it" and "do what you mean"

-dave

lenskaraoke

Post by lenskaraoke »

I see what you mean but what I do works, and it's much faster. So why not unless you need to change the order of song in the tonight list, then yes I would stop the song an change the order in the singers tonight list.
Tell the truth or lose the horse

dave
Site Admin

:)

Post by dave »

8)