Search bar

Is kJams missing a feature you need? Post it here! Note: if iTunes has it but kJams doesn't, it's a good bet kJams will have it, but that I just haven't gotten around to it yet. But go ahead and request it anyway!
Brendan

Search bar

Post by Brendan »

I really like the search preferences. Just a suggestion; is it possible to make the clear( "X" ) button a little bigger? I sometimes find myself fumbling to hit it the first time. Otherwise cosmetically, It's beautiful.
Cheers

dave
Site Admin

nope it's not

Post by dave »

sorry, it's an apple widget, not mine. i'm not about to re-invent the wheel, as that is always a losing battle when Apple changes the theme.

-dave

Brendan

Post by Brendan »

Okay, i understand. How about having the text dissapear when you click on the search bar??
Cheers

ChurchCat

Post by ChurchCat »

Brendan wrote:Okay, i understand. How about having the text dissapear when you click on the search bar??
Cheers

Do you have the tick box clicked in

kJams Pro > Preferences > Advanced > Clear Search Field when switching sources.

?

CC
Every forum needs it's own cat.

dave
Site Admin

??

Post by dave »

How about having the text dissapear when you click on the search bar??
Why on earth would you want that to be the default behavior? and if you DO want that, then just click the little "X".

Brendan

Post by Brendan »

Ummm, Why not?

dave
Site Admin

??

Post by dave »

cuz you type "U2"
and you find all the u2 songs, but then realize there's way too many, so you want to add "love" to the end of "u2" to limit it to the u2 songs with the word love in it, but now you've just erased the text "u2". you didn't want to to do that. and if you did, you would have hit the "X" anyway. there's already a way to get what you want, why force the whole world to want that at all times?

Brendan

Post by Brendan »

That makes sense. I just dont like that little "X" and was merely making a suggestion.

why force the whole world to want that at all times? ?? Geez , What do you mean?
Cheers[/quote]

dave
Site Admin

Post by dave »

What do you mean?
I just mean that, right now there are 2 options, 1: click in the text area to keep typing, does not erase the text and 2: click the box to type something new, that does erase the text.

what it seems you are proposing is to *remove* an option that some people will miss. I'm all about having more options, not having fewer options, that's all. sorry if i sounded curt, i have a brain thing. ;)

-dave

Brendan

Post by Brendan »

I get what your saying and it totally makes sense. Your the expert, i am still learning. Thanks for clarifying for me. Iam definately not for removing any options, i would never propose that. Keep up the great work.
Cheers

Brendan

Post by Brendan »

Ummm, Why not?

ChurchCat

Post by ChurchCat »

:lol:

Is there an echo in here?

Brendan I expect that you know it but there is another way to get what you want.

If instead of clicking in the search box you double or triple* click, this will highlight the text. When highlighted anything that you type will replace the highlighted text. In effect it gives you an empty text box

CC

*You need to triple click if there is more than one word in the box, else a double click will do it.

You can also drag to highlight the text.
Every forum needs it's own cat.

Brendan

Post by Brendan »

Yeah, thanks Churchcat, i have been using this technique. It works fine.

dave
Site Admin

:)

Post by dave »

8)