reverse upgrade

Is kJams missing a feature you need? Post it here! Note: if iTunes has it but kJams doesn't, it's a good bet kJams will have it, but that I just haven't gotten around to it yet. But go ahead and request it anyway!
edernest

reverse upgrade

Post by edernest »

I'd like to see some facility to revert to the previous build after a kjam upgrade in the event of problems. The most recent build is not working on my machine (i've entered a bug report) and i tried downloading the previous build but it won't run.

dave
Site Admin

download the previous

Post by dave »

every version i post is always available, so you can manually download any previous version.

If, as you say, you "tried downloading the previous build but it won't run", then perhaps the previous version is busted too, at least for you, so try a version before that. Making it automated would only "automatically" crash.

It would not make sense to offer an automated way to do that, because if the current version does not even run, it won't be able to help you to download a previous version. Besides you can just do it yourself.

-dave

edernest

not sure

Post by edernest »

The previous build ran perfectly prior to the upgrade. I'll try to downgrade again and send you the error so you can tell me what I did wrong.

dave
Site Admin

fix posted

Post by dave »

i just posted a fix, try that first

you did nothing wrong, the fault was squarely mine

edernest

okay

Post by edernest »

That's fine, as long as downloading a previous build would normally work I'd consider that acceptable. I'll try the new build later tonight, thanks.

dave
Site Admin

:)

Post by dave »

reverting to a previous version makes it work 99% of the time. however in this case, this particular bug saved the database in a slightly different format that would have caused the bug to then manifest in the previous versions. I always try to do everything in my power to prevent this bug it got by me this time.

edernest

D'oh!!

Post by edernest »

No worries. Thanks for the fix- it is working fine now.

dave
Site Admin

:)

Post by dave »

8)