Venue auto sensing

Is kJams missing a feature you need? Post it here! Note: if iTunes has it but kJams doesn't, it's a good bet kJams will have it, but that I just haven't gotten around to it yet. But go ahead and request it anyway!
DeusExMachina

Venue auto sensing

Post by DeusExMachina »

Just a thought:
When kJams launches, it could have the option of automatically loading the appropriate venue based on the network to which the machine was attached.

dave
Site Admin

Re: Venue auto sensing

Post by dave »

i love that idea. i'll add it to the, um, infinitely long list.

DeusExMachina

Post by DeusExMachina »

One issue it help with is the interminable wait when launching, when you are loading a huge venue, only to have to change it anyway, because you forgot to switch it at the last closing of the app.

In the same vein, having it check the server for updates as part of the first things it does (rather than the current sequence, where that appears to be one of the last things it does on launch) would make upgrading much more time efficient, since you can go straight to upgrading instead of having to sit though the entire launch process, only to find there is an upgrade, then d/l the upgrade, than have to go through the whole launch sequence again.
This is especially important on slower systems without SSD, with huge venues, and most of all, on first boot up, where the OS is competing with the apps for access to system resources, and can make the first app launch take as much as ten minutes!
Having to do that twice kinda sucks.
Last edited by DeusExMachina on Mon Nov 27, 2017 1:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

dave
Site Admin

Post by dave »

yes, that's already on the list