Please could we have a column heading for "Filename"

Is kJams missing a feature you need? Post it here! Note: if iTunes has it but kJams doesn't, it's a good bet kJams will have it, but that I just haven't gotten around to it yet. But go ahead and request it anyway!
Meerkat

Please could we have a column heading for "Filename"

Post by Meerkat »

Hi there

When in the main library or custom playlists, you can sort by an impressive number of different fields (e.g. artist, title, year, duration, composer, etc.) but the one field I can't seem to see at all is the actual filenames.

My karaoke files are labelled by their catalog number (e.g. SFXXX for SongFly) but the Song ID field shows a completely different number. If i could search by the actual filenames it would be much easier to locate songs.

Also if a particular song has an issue I can see instantly which file it is, rather than having to do the right-click >reveal in finder process.

Thanks!

dave
Site Admin

Re: Please could we have a column heading for "Filename"

Post by dave »

look for "File: Zip" or "File: Audio" or "File: Video"
but those are full paths.

if you've done your reinterpret correctly, the "Album" field will have the "SFxxx" data in it

i don't understand how it would be easier to search by file name, when you can search by song name, artist name or album name, which generally are the components that make up the file name.

what issue are you needing to see the file name for anyway? i don't understand why you need to see the file name due to "an issue" ?