Tool tips that show any field's value

Is kJams missing a feature you need? Post it here! Note: if iTunes has it but kJams doesn't, it's a good bet kJams will have it, but that I just haven't gotten around to it yet. But go ahead and request it anyway!
DeusExMachina

Tool tips that show any field's value

Post by DeusExMachina »

Easy one:
Tool tips that show any field's value when you hover over it. (Or the entire record.)
This would make it unnecessary to expand and contract a column just to show the full value of a field that overflows the column's width, just like it currently does for singer names, but for long song names, long artist names, etc..
Last edited by DeusExMachina on Mon Dec 05, 2016 2:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

dave
Site Admin

Re: Tool tips that show any field's value

Post by dave »

i turned it on and it sucks cuz now it's slowly spewing tooltips at you ALL THE TIME.

so i made it so that it only shows tooltips on columns < 70 pixels wide. better?

DeusExMachina

Post by DeusExMachina »

Isn't there a setting for the amount of time one needs to hover stationary before the tool tip pops up, and a duration, where it goes away?
And any way to adjust the rather large white spacing on many of the columns?

DeusExMachina

Post by DeusExMachina »

Tested.
70 pixels is so small, it represents a column size where you would HAVE to have tooltips to be able to even know what was in the field, no matter what the field contained. And it does not work reliably, especially on fields with pop up menu indicators.
I tried it on the singer name field, where it pops up a tool tip no matter how long the column, and did not experience any issue with the display littered with tool tips. Only one really shows at any one time, and only if you let the cursor hover for a significant length of time.

dave
Site Admin

Post by dave »

i don't know when i'll get back to this. but i'll try

DeusExMachina

Post by DeusExMachina »

Ok, well, how about as a compromise/UI enhancement, it only shows tool tips when the field in question that is being hovered over also is one that is being cut off due to not fitting within the column width settings?
Last edited by DeusExMachina on Fri Dec 30, 2016 1:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

dave
Site Admin

Post by dave »

that's MORE work than just showing it if the field is smaller than X pixels.

define "not work reliably" ?

DeusExMachina

Post by DeusExMachina »

There were several fields where, no matter how small I made them, no tool tip ever appeared.

dave
Site Admin

Post by dave »

please be specific?