New data field: unique track identifier

Is kJams missing a feature you need? Post it here! Note: if iTunes has it but kJams doesn't, it's a good bet kJams will have it, but that I just haven't gotten around to it yet. But go ahead and request it anyway!
DeusExMachina

New data field: unique track identifier

Post by DeusExMachina »

Just a thought. If there were a way to generate a unique identifier for a given track, like a hash generated from the L-R-S value of the track, it could then be used to transport playlists from one install to another.
Importing a singer to a new venue on a different system would then be trivial, as the songs could then be filled based on this unique identifier, independent of the library database, PLI, or Song ID values.

dave
Site Admin

Re: New data field: unique track identifier

Post by dave »

that would work as long as the meta data were *identical*, sure. one letter or space or capital letter difference and it would fail.

DeusExMachina

Post by DeusExMachina »

Yes, I am assuming perfect metadata. But something would be better than nothing (a LOT better) and solve a very longstanding issue for a number of users, I suspect, as it has come up in one for or another multiple times here.
Also, there are some kludges to fill in some of the gaps, such as only looking at L-x-R-S and just putting in the lowest track # for X out of the available tracks, when no match was found. (Though this would be slow until fast search gets up and running.)
Or just not transfer those tracks to their new list on the new venue. Most singers will fill in the gaps on their own as they sing at the new venue.

dave
Site Admin

Post by dave »

well, it's on the (infinitely long) list