Metadata field for corrrupted files

Is kJams missing a feature you need? Post it here! Note: if iTunes has it but kJams doesn't, it's a good bet kJams will have it, but that I just haven't gotten around to it yet. But go ahead and request it anyway!
DeusExMachina

Metadata field for corrrupted files

Post by DeusExMachina »

Another easy one.
Could we get a metadata field that is programmatically set (but user-editable) for corrupted zips?
And possibly also a user editable one for MP3s/CDGs?
This would be useful as a constantly available heads up in the rotation of upcoming bad tracks. And the latter would be useful for keeping track of tracks with damaged but working data files (that can be fixed by reimporting or using Producer to fix minor glitches).

In a related request, assuming this were added, a context menu to allow an import in place over top of corrupted files, so all it would really do is perform a FS copy of a user-selected track over top of the specified one, renaming as appropriate.
Last edited by DeusExMachina on Tue Oct 11, 2016 3:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

dave
Site Admin

Re: Metadata field for corrrupted files

Post by dave »

https://trello.com/c/zloOHBsO/80-add-me ... ip-id3-mp3

what is "contact menu"? what about just drag and drop from file system to ON TOP OF THE SONG inside one of the "corrupted" lists? (not the library, which would do the regular "add to library"). then it would copy the dragged song OVER the old one (giving it the same name / location as the old one) and then push meta on it?

DeusExMachina

Post by DeusExMachina »

A contact menu is a typo when someone who can't type tries to type "context menu"!
As to the suggested implementation, that would be fine, too. I was just thinking of using the existing context menu system, and underlying mechanism, similar to "re-link to file". Basically doing a copy, just like when you import.

dave
Site Admin

Post by dave »

cool!