Cylist

Is kJams missing a feature you need? Post it here! Note: if iTunes has it but kJams doesn't, it's a good bet kJams will have it, but that I just haven't gotten around to it yet. But go ahead and request it anyway!
DeusExMachina

Cylist

Post by DeusExMachina »

So, most of the other dBs are becoming useless, or worse, filled with erroneous data that trashes your metadata (any way to get an undo when you rename tracks in an entire album playlist?).
Wondering if you know of http://www.cylist.com/ and whether or not there is some way to pull the data off that (maybe Watson-style).
Last edited by DeusExMachina on Wed Oct 05, 2016 8:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

dave
Site Admin

Re: Cyclist

Post by dave »

yeah, i'm going to stick with GraceNote and KayJayPro and freedb. it's just not high priority to add yet another option.

DeusExMachina

Re: Cyclist

Post by DeusExMachina »

I've found that the databases are increasingly filled with errors, which unfortunately trashed several albums worth of data (thus my query about an undo function).

dave
Site Admin

Re: Cylist

Post by dave »

if you find errors in KayJayPro, we can contact the maintainer, who is responsive. Gracenote should have no errors in it at all.

undo would be nice, but exceptionally difficult to write, due to the dozen points of failure in what is expected to be an "atomic operation"